NASA admits they can't send people through the Van Allen Belts

BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 02:43 pm
@alphabeta,
alphabeta wrote:

400 miles has not been done for 47 years. Anyhow, the game is up. Buzz Aldrin has confessed on YouTube that he didn't go. He was being interviewed by an 8 year old and it would appear he couldn't bring himself to lie to her. She asks, why is it that haven't been to the moon for such a long time and he saanswers, because we didn't.

Silly person see Snope comments below.

Quote:

Many of the video-based rumors that we investigate require us to keep a keen eye out for deceptive edits or altered audio. In this case, however, all we had to do to debunk this one was listen to the question asked by the young child and the answer given by Buzz Aldrin.

The child didn’t ask Buzz Aldrin if he ever went to the moon. Rather, she posted the question “Why has nobody been to the moon in such a long time?” to the astronaut. When Aldrin said in reply that “we didn’t go there” and “that’s the way it happened,” he was referring to the fact that the U.S. has sent no missions back to the moon since the final Apollo spaceflight took place in December 1972, not asserting that he had never been to the moon in the first place.

We’ve transcribed this portion of the video below (emphasis ours):

Child: Why has nobody been to the moon in such a long time?

Aldrin: That’s not an 8-year-old’s question. That’s my question. I want to know. But I think I know. Because we didn’t go there. That’s the way it happened. And if it didn’t happen it’s nice to know why it didn’t happen so in the future if we want to keep doing something we need to know why something stopped in the past if we want to keep it going.
The wording of Aldrin’s answer may have been confusing to children and adults alike, but he was talking about “why something (i.e., going to the moon) stopped in the past,” not about how it never happened in the first place.

This viral video also cut off Aldrin’s full answer. In the complete version of Aldrin’s interview with this child (identified as Zoey), the astronaut went on to state the primary reason we didn’t return to the moon: money.

Once again, Aldrin’s message was a little garbled, but the second part of his answer (not included in the viral video) offered two more instances in which he talked about our indeed having been to the moon. Aldrin said that he “achieved what the President wanted us to do” (i.e., go to the moon), and that the world was proud of what he had accomplished.

We’ve transcribed that potion of the interview below (and the full video can be viewed at the end of this article):

Money. It’s a good thing. If you want to buy new things, new rockets, instead of keep doing the same thing over and over, then it’s going to cost more money. And other things need more money too. So having achieved what the president wanted us to do … and then what thousands, millions of people in America, and millions of people around the world … You know when we toured around the world after we came back [from the moon] the most fascinating observation was signs that said “WE did it.” Not just us. But we, the world. They felt like they were part of what we were able to do. And that made us feel very good.
This footage was taken during the 2015 National Book Fest at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington D.C. Aldrin was at the fest to promote his book Welcome to Mars: Making a Home on the Red Planet, but he was also interviewed by numerous children about space exploration while he was there.

Here’s Zoey’s full interview with Buzz Aldrin. The viral excerpt starts at the 7:10 mark:

[youtube]https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/buzz-aldrin-moon-admission[/youtube]
alphabeta

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:06 pm
@BillRM,
Maybe when he said, we didn't go there, he was dropping a hint. That's all the astronauts can do - like when Neil Armatrong talked of 'removing one of truth's protective layers' on the 25th Apollo 11 anniversary.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:14 pm
@alphabeta,
alphabeta wrote:

Maybe when he said, we didn't go there, he was dropping a hint. That's all the astronauts can do - like when Neil Armatrong talked of 'removing one of truth's protective layers' on the 25th Apollo 11 anniversary.

LOL I do not know if I should feel sorry for you or just annoyed with you for buying into such nonsense.

An here we all have such high hopes for the internet only to find it is being used to spread nonsense more often then not.

Hell at least the we never been to the moon is harmless not like the fear of giving children their vaccination shots.
alphabeta

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:17 pm
@BillRM,
Zionist are behind both the Apollo 11 hoax and the mandatory vaccination agenda.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:32 pm
@alphabeta,
alphabeta wrote:

Zionist are behind both the Apollo 11 hoax and the mandatory vaccination agenda.

You got to be kidding me but the joke is in bad taste indeed.

Not that I would be surprise if the Jewish community would wish their neighbors to live in good health and that more then most they are believers in reality.
alphabeta

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 03:37 pm
@BillRM,
Are you Jewish? There are a lot of Jewish shills online promoting evil Zionist agendas.
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:08 pm
@alphabeta,
alphabeta wrote:

Are you Jewish? There are a lot of Jewish shills online promoting evil Zionist agendas.

I am an atheist from a family of Christians.
alphabeta

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:35 pm
@BillRM,
There are atheist Jews
BillRM

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 05:49 pm
@alphabeta,
alphabeta wrote:

There are atheist Jews

True being Jewish is base on a culture and blood line more then or at least as must as a religion.

Now why are we going down the path of religion?

alphabeta

Reply Fri 8 Nov, 2019 06:03 pm
@BillRM,
Too right it is a bloodline. You are Jewish if your mother is Jewish
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 10:54:01