THUNDER BOOMERS ! ! !

farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 05:46 pm
@Ragman,
Same here, we seem to have taken on semi tropical climate character in SC Pa. e go through a droughty condition very year about late April to mid May and then, YOU BETTER have your hay in the barns r its gonna rot in the fields.
Itll go that way with boomers and line squalls for a month and then settle into the seasonal drought till mid August.

We should be growing citrus (f it werent for winters like last one)

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 05:47 pm
@glitterbag,
did a horse win Preakness? I want to run camel but the rules say somethin about warm bloods.
glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 05:54 pm
@farmerman,
Im not sure, it was some sort of US/Egyptian hybrid. I guess it could have been a camel?
glitterbag

Reply Sat 16 May, 2015 05:58 pm
@glitterbag,
Hey, you tried to trick me, the Preakness is a horserace.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 06:50 pm
These clowns at the weather bureau keep promising thunder boomers, but they haven't delivered.
thack45

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 07:17 pm
@Setanta,
Our weather guys (and gals) must've gone to the same clown college. We're on about day three of unfulfilled promises
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 May, 2015 07:28 pm
There oughta be a law

(I have an ad at the bottom of the screen asking if my dog is afraid of loud noises--she doesn't even wake up.)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 30 May, 2015 12:13 pm
No more complaints from me . . . we just had a goose-grounder--rain and hail.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2015 06:01 pm
thunderstorms promised again

I can tell weather of some sort is coming as my head is bouncing and arthritis-inclined joints are puffy

just storm and get it over with!
farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 01:02 pm
@ehBeth,
It started to rain about 7AM and its jut getting stronger and stronger. We were gonna cut a field or two but that's out.So even if it stops now, its going to take 2 days todry enough so's I can drive a tractor out there. Menwhile the alflfa goes more and more into flower and loses more and more protein
ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2015 01:04 pm
@farmerman,
we've been having massive storms at least once a week lately

we're under a special weather advisory for rain right now - had torrential rains a couple of hours ago and it's just been steady since. I'm getting my stair workout by emptying the dehumidifier
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 09:43 am
http://www.koat.com/weather/record-storm-slams-albuquerque-overnight/34031958

http://www.koat.com/image/view/-/34031978/medRes/1/-/maxh/460/maxw/620/-/89rh6yz/-/12-hour-jpg.jpg

Record storm slams Albuquerque overnight
2 inches of rain pound central New Mexico

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —More than 2 inches of rain slammed Albuquerque Monday and Tuesday, setting two different records.

A strong Monday afternoon storm dumped 0.69 inches of rain, and an early Tuesday morning storm has already doused the city in 1.55 inches of rain. Both are one-day rainfall records.

It was a noisy night, with tons of lightning and thunder. The peak of the storm came around 1:45 a.m. During that time, there were 52 lightning strikes in about 10 minutes.

The weather overnight caused some power outages in the Northeast Heights. At Menaul and San Pedro, lightning hit a power pole, knocking out power to 1,100 customers.
farmerman

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2016 06:35 pm
@Butrflynet,
under a tornado WARNING. Im shutting down
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2016 07:12 pm
@farmerman,
whoa - you're further north than I'd thought this was going

check in when possible
glitterbag

Reply Wed 24 Feb, 2016 09:04 pm
@ehBeth,
Well, we lost power today while thunderstorms rolled over Annapolis. Drat
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 04:19 am
@glitterbag,

jespah says we had some boomers overnight, unbeknownst to Mr Sleepyhead...

R(slept thru an earthquake once)P
farmerman

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 06:59 pm
@Region Philbis,
wow, we had several tornndoes go through , jut like in E Virginia.
The towns of Gap , and White Horse PA (about 15 miles east of me) had several tornado /house interactions. Two large (600 ft long) chicken houses were jut flattened. These things are not "pole buildings" they are masonary based steel sided buildings with 'bqlloon frame" metal angle beams. Both were just flattened and steel pqnels just flit about. Several farm houses lost roofs and 5 or 6 SUVs were flipped. NOBOSY HURT (unlike Virginia). And , closer to the Mason Dixon line, two old stone farm houses had sections of their walls blown out from the pressure differential. (One of the houses was in poor upkeep and the stone work hqd rotten mortar joints because it was old "horsehair" lime- cement from the early 1800's

Guess we will volunteer some truck towing to haul beams or wood to help out
ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 08:05 pm
@Region Philbis,
Just spoke to hamburgboy.

He lives a couple of hours east of me. He said they had some serious boomers last night - and so much rain that the noise was bothering him (his hearing isn't terrific anymore so it had to have been verra verra noisy).
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Feb, 2016 08:07 pm
@farmerman,
Gap, eh?

I probably drove past the end of your driveway 20 or 30 times one day a couple of decades ago. We got lost on our way to the Delmarva (my last time trying the scenic route around your hood) - the nearest place on the map - Gap. We circled around it many many many times trying to find a road that went a direction we wanted to go.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 10 May, 2016 07:23 pm
Woke to heavy rain about half an hour ago (1.45am) and was just drifting off again when one simultaneous flash and bang scared the bajingo out of me.

The hound then appeared and wanted reassurance, and is now lying by the bed, yipping in his sleep.

Gawd is now rearranging his furniture somewhere off in the distance.

It's very weird, almost tropical weather we're having right now.

0 Replies