Hose pipe ban.

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 02:07 am
From today there is a hose pipe ban in the UK due to a dry winter and water reserve levels being at an all time low.

Im confuzzed.

For as long as I can remember we have been told showers take less water than a bath, yet the equivalent of a shower(ie hosepipe)in a garden has been banned for a watering can(ie equivalent,a bath)

Im I completely loopy?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,567 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 10 Jun, 2005 03:30 am
When they outlaw hoses, only outlaws will water their geraniums!

I have no idea how to assist you in England's green fields. In Australia we have been hit with water restrictions for about a year now - I think it is punishable by death to even have a hose on display - let alone use it!
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 06:36 pm
I read in the paper today. It is SO dry in Dubbo that the trees have taken to following the dogs around!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 12:20 am
The only referrence to your claim, material girl, has been published in some local Hertfordshire papers and refer to an announcemnet by "THREE Valleys Water":

Quote:
THREE Valleys Water has not ruled out possible water restrictions this summer.

The recent dry spell and high temperatures have brought a plea from the company for its customers to help by conserving water at home.

Even though they say no hosepipe ban is proposed "at present" they are appealing to customers to take a shower instead of a bath, use a mug instead of a running tap when brushing teeth, water plants with a can not a hose pipe, wash you car with a bucket of water not a hose and plant drought tolerant plants in the garden.

They are also urging people to repair dripping taps and only use washing machines on a full load.
Source
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 08:52 am
Some builders up a road are watering the new lawn, using a sprinkler and a hose pipe!!!
0 Replies

rikki

Reply Thu 11 Aug, 2005 07:17 am
hose pipe ban
I'm confused is there a hose pipe ban or not because where i live a shopping centre has a car wash that is done by pressure washers now surely they are just like hose pipes so why are they still continuing to use them
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Fri 12 Aug, 2005 03:51 am
Re: hose pipe ban
rikki wrote:
I'm confused is there a hose pipe ban or not because where i live a shopping centre has a car wash that is done by pressure washers now surely they are just like hose pipes so why are they still continuing to use them

Presumably they would be collecting that water, filtering it and re-using it. Businesses are much more likely to get an exemption (especially if they rely on water to produce a product or service).

And welcome to A2K rikki! Nice to meet you!
0 Replies