sorry ma'am you'r too old for a kitten

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 04:00 pm
Shocked not so good either. death by kitty overdose! an old lady's end!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 04:12 pm
Most likely, the person at the shelter was following personal judgement rather than policy, anyway.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 09:34 pm
Arent there peeps living over 100? She could still outlive the cat

just silly...

Id bring suit myself, well, no actually like I said, I would have told her what for right then and there, and not only would I have gone home with the cat, well...you get my point
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 09:52 pm
or else maybe a different shelter?
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 10:02 pm
littlek i understand what you are saying about just going to another shelter but at the same time this kind of idiocy should be confronted. reminds me of last year in Torremolimos when the couple from PETA gave me a rant about milking cows being abusive then going that afternoon to a bull fight.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 10:03 pm
I meant after giving the dumb 60 year old a ranting at.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 10:05 pm
Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2003 11:13 pm
I am interested in checking this out. Any way to follow up? I feel really bad for that woman. Assuming I had the story straight that she wanted a kitten. Well, she can alway get a kitten as there are many here and there, but will she look for one, she might feel real turned down now.
Someone needs to give this woman a kitten. In my humble opinion.

Any local reaction to this?
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 01:23 am
This has to be on the top of my list of the most stupid thing I've ever heard. Needless to say, this gal wouldn't have taken that for a second. I would have asked them to use their phone to make a local call to my lawyer and walked out the door not long after with my little kitty ;-) I feel so bad for that lady and anyone who isn't strong enough to put their foot down in these situations. You really need to have a good layer of thick skin in this world to protect yourself from the "cold" ;-)
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 10:35 am
i'd guess, since the whole thing was publicized by her son, that somebody is already standing up for her. hopefully she is surrounded by kitties by now. but there is so many nice old ladies like her out there that do get harassed. not all have the energy to fight back, especially if they already feel old, lonely, vulnerable or whatnot and somebody rubs it in.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 03:01 pm
I know it Dag. It breaks my heart :-(
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 03:05 pm
You're right, Dag.
0 Replies