Present Time Does Not Exist

fresco

Reply Mon 16 Sep, 2019 03:42 pm
@livinglava,
Smile
Elsewhere you wrote
Quote:

Assuming that there is only one reality and every form of language and concept humans have developed refers to some perception/experience of reality,...

Unfortunately that example of your naive realist assumptions tends to disqualify you as a serious contributor to ontological 'discussions' (ie. those concened with 'existence' as raised by the OP). This should eliminate your need to 'guess' about my refusal to engage.
livinglava

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2019 06:07 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

Smile
Elsewhere you wrote
Quote:

Assuming that there is only one reality and every form of language and concept humans have developed refers to some perception/experience of reality,...

Unfortunately that example of your naive realist assumptions tends to disqualify you as a serious contributor to ontological 'discussions' (ie. those concened with 'existence' as raised by the OP). This should eliminate your need to 'guess' about my refusal to engage.

First, you bringing this into this thread from another thread is hijacking the thread to argue over a paradigmatic issue.

Second, if you think believing in multiple realities is par for the course in discussing time, then you are in your own reality with that and there's no point trying to reach you in that reality.

You can take whatever you want seriously in your reality, then, but it will have nothing to do with what is worth taking seriously in anyone else's reality, i.e. because yours is separate, at least in your own mind/beliefs.
fresco

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 12:14 am
@livinglava,
I doubt whether you understand the concept of 'paradigm', since you certainly have no clue about the paradigm of 'differential observer reference frames' well understood by all physicists, and elegantly extended by Rovelli.
In short, you are out of your depth both here, and apparently, on many other threads, judging by your 'thumbs score'.

Fil Albuquerque

Reply Wed 18 Sep, 2019 03:02 am
@Beaker17,
Yes what there is is no conscious subject in the present, but that is old news...yet another stone in the free will bullshit talk!
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2019 02:30 pm
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

I doubt whether you understand the concept of 'paradigm', since you certainly have no clue about the paradigm of 'differential observer reference frames' well understood by all physicists, and elegantly extended by Rovelli.
In short, you are out of your depth both here, and apparently, on many other threads, judging by your 'thumbs score'.

If you weren't so rude, I would have discussed your Rovelli ideas with you, but since you seem to already have decided what you think of my thoughts before I post them based on my 'thumbs score,' I guess it was better that we ended the discussion before it started anyway.
fresco

Reply Fri 20 Sep, 2019 03:06 pm
@livinglava,
Wink
0 Replies

livinglava

Reply Sat 21 Sep, 2019 07:40 am
Christmas and birthdays = present time.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Sat 5 Oct, 2019 10:59 am
@Beaker17,
Word games.

If your feet touch the ground you have not jumped yet. If your feet do not touch the ground you have already jumped. So does that mean that "jump" is meaningless?

You need to get a fresh grip on reality.
0 Replies