Liberal idiocy and Straight Pride.

maxdancona

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 08:28 pm
@izzythepush,
1) In a free society people have civil rights. This includes White Supremacists. I disagree with the idea that a democratic government can restrict the basic civil rights of its citizens simply because of what they believe.

2) The question of whether the Straight Pride marchers have ties to White Supremacists, or if they are all White Supremacists, is irrelevant. I won't argue the case. Either way they have civil rights including the freedom of expression.

3) There is no excuse for anyone to use violence. The actions of the liberal counter-protesters in this case was illegal and immoral. Throwing urine at people and physically attacking police officers is not justified just because people with whom you disagree have civil rights.

4) The liberals could have ignored this, and it would have been inconsequential. Instead they are making straight pride into national news.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 7 Sep, 2019 09:04 pm
I see no serious legal claim that the Boston has the right to stop the straight pride parade from happening. What I do see is a bunch of liberal groups reacting with outrage and demanding that something be done.

This is a basic case of "we need to do something" (which ironically was part of the list of Tsarstephan's "what is a fascist?" video). That something is thousands of outraged counter-protesters leading to national news coverage and injuries to police officers.

No one has answered the question.... wouldn't it have been better to just ignore this "parade"?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 08:21 am
@maxdancona,
It appears that you're saying it's alright for white nationalists to have free speech, but it's not acceptable for anyone to give the counter argument.

And if you insist on bending over backwards to accommodate Nazis you won't be living in a free society much longer.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 08:55 am
@izzythepush,
You are partially correct Izzy.

1) I believe that White Nationalists have free speech.

2) I believe that anyone else has free speech to "give the counter argument".

3) I believe that no one has the right to throw urine or physically assault police officers.

4) I believe that having the right to do something doesn't make it a good idea to do it. My thesis on this thread is that the liberal counter-protests were politically stupid. I have never said that they should be be illegal.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 09:08 am
@maxdancona,
You just called people who oppose Nazis liberal idiots. Churchill and Roosevelt both liberal idiots were they?

What's particularly telling is that you swallowed the Nazi propaganda hook line and sinker. Your initial post talks only about straight pride, not about the neo Nazis masquerading as someone else. You only accepted that they were Nazis when evidence was pointed out.

Why did you not research this subject fully in the first place? One could be forgiven for thinking you sympathise with them otherwise why repeat their propaganda unchallenged?

You just wanted to make a point disparaging 'liberals' and the truth be damned.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 09:34 am
@izzythepush,
Not all firetrucks are red, Izzy.

I am trying to follow the logical argument you are making.

1) I am criticizing liberal counter-protesters.
2) Liberal counter-protesters are opposing Nazis.
3) Churchill opposed Nazis.
3) Therefore I am criticizing Churchill.

I hope you aren't serious. This gave me a chuckle.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 09:42 am
@izzythepush,
I am trying to follow your logical process here Izzy. I think you are still going with a reductio ad hitlerium argument.

My initial post made no comment at all about the beliefs of the straight pride marchers. My thesis is that people who oppose them should have just ignored them rather than give them a national platform.

The question I am raising is whether the behavior of the liberal counter-protesters is rational given that now the straight pride movement has a bigger more national platform. My opinion is that the correct response would have been to just ignore them and this would have been a non-event.

I would love to hear your opinion on this.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 11:03 am
@maxdancona,
Lots of things make you chuckle Max, it must make life very difficult with you laughing all the time. Shitting must be a ******* nightmare.

I don't think you chuckled at all, I think you're just adopting a smug patronising tone because that's your default position when you're on dodgy ground.

Look at the thread title, non neo Nazis, not far right, not even nasty, and certainly not idiotic, just Straight Pride, fresh off the far right press.

You try very hard to portray yourself as some sort of moderate reasonable gadgie, but then you give the game away when you try to use words.
maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 11:18 am
@izzythepush,
I will respond to this on the feud thread (and we were doing so well for a little bit).

https://able2know.org/topic/529563-2#post-6894650
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 11:31 am
This thread is a criticism of the liberal counter-protesters. I assert strongly that the violence from the left is inexcusable.

Further I state that although the left has the right to counter-protest it was stupid to do so. They took what would have been an insignificant non-even with a few dozen right wing idiots and turned it into a national spectacle. This is exactly what the right wing idiots wanted.

The discussion about how bad the straight pride marchers were is irrelevant to the points I am making on this thread.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 11:52 am
@maxdancona,
That's all you've done, attack the left. That's what you've decided to highlight. All you've focused on is the urine throwing, not the provocation, events leading up to it, none of that.

You've just looked at one element in isolation. It's not like you want to give the full picture or anything.

Btw, I'm not playing any parlour logic games with you. What is it with you always trying to set the agenda and dictate how we communicate?

Logic can only get you so far, intuition and insight go a lot further, and that would explain why you have such a problem with women, because they can see right through you.

I don't think you have approached this thread with anything approaching honesty. If some other posters had started this thread I still wouldn't have agreed with it, but I would have no problem with their motivations. I would have thought they were genuine.

I have never got that with you, there always seems to be a hidden agenda, something you're not telling us.

How do you know the urine throwing was part of the protests? It could have been some weird performance art from a Bauhaus studio in Greenwich village.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 11:59 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
They took what would have been an insignificant non-even (t)
and you know this how?? You have a bit of Oralloy in you and assume that what you always say is "Fact"
izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:03 pm
@farmerman,
Careful! He'll start cutting and pasting you to another thread next.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:07 pm
@farmerman,
No. That is my opinion. Read my thread on facts and opinions to understand the difference.
farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:08 pm
@maxdancona,
are you selling "How To " blogspots???
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:11 pm
@maxdancona,
What next? Threads on table manners, how to sit up straight, the correct way to cross the road?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 12:14 pm
@izzythepush,
The "hidden agenda" attack is an ad hominem. My response is on the feud thread

https://able2know.org/topic/530115-3#post-6894673
izzythepush

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 02:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Not reading it. It's not an ad hominem, it's a sincerely held belief. It's called being honest.
0 Replies

longly

Reply Sun 8 Sep, 2019 02:44 pm
@farmerman,
"Re: maxdancona (Post 6893919)
when they do the same thing but wear little white costumes with ice cream cone hoods, then its ok to counter-display?? Im kinda unclear about what this thread is really supporting. Its really not FOR our Constitutional Rights of Assembly

How soon we forget. "

You got be putting on; it is not that hard. It is a basic principle in democracy; in order to keep your rights safe protect everyone’s rights even the people you don’t like. “I may not like what you say, but I will fight to death for your right to say it”
farmerman

Reply Mon 9 Sep, 2019 02:21 pm
@longly,
everyone says that. It is quoted just to give you a right to ascend mount Morality. Its also, in most cases, bullshit.(Look at Charlottesville) The KLAN has never really been speaking up for"separate but equal rights" or to mrely celebrate the white race. The KLAN has always had an undercurrent of violence against some group they are presently seeking to eliminate. Whether its blacks or Jews or even Catholics and Jehovah's witnesses. When Forrest formed the KLAN with a specific goal , his caue was quickly smooshed out in favor of "night ridership". N B Forrest quit the very organization he started up because he was pretty much appaled as to what it had become, Night Riding, cross burning, black killing, and house burning of n****** loving whites.

Peaceful demonstration foes without saying, when a demo gets focusd on snufing their alternative, it represents the clear and present danger tests, and often the inctement to direct violence.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 03:34:32