Hunting or fishing

maxdog

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 09:16 pm
Hunting or fishing as a hobbie must stop , it s not fun for the animals being killed just because people like to do it.

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 09:28 pm
@maxdog,
Mmm, Black Bass...
oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 09:36 pm
Better to just let animals go extinct?

Request denied. It's not going to stop.

Plus, we're not going to stop culling deer herds. Too many deer run out into roads as it is.
maxdog

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 09:42 pm
@InfraBlue,
Everything
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 09:45 pm
@oralloy,
I know it s just a dream .

We invade their habitat building roads , why they have to pay with dead ?
oralloy

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 09:46 pm
@maxdog,
Would they be better off being killed by a pack of wolves?
maxdog

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 10:16 pm
@oralloy,
But they need to eat , that s a whole different purpose
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 08:14 am
@maxdog,
Many hunters eat the animals that they kill.

When you buy meat at the grocery store, that comes from an animal that was killed too.
maxdog

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 12:14 pm
@oralloy,
Hunting was a practice they did in the past when there was no fridges , supermarkets, groceries, food factories etc

You don t need to kill something your self when you can already buy anything .
seac

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 12:15 pm
@maxdog,
I fish for recreation and release all my catch. I don't see much harm to the fishes. There is a one to one action between me and the fish during the catch and I get to respect the fish on a good fight. When you think of all the fishes caught commercially in nets with total disregard for their life, you might think differently.
maxdog

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 12:18 pm
@seac,
I m against that is commercial too.

I like that u keep them alive , but i think it hurts having the hook inside your mouth and dragged from it . But it s better than kill
RABEL222

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 12:22 pm
Not all people have the funds to buy food. I live in the country where people supplement their food acquisitions by hunting. They don't spend money on expensive ammunition just to waste it on shooting animals for fun. That is done by weekend city people and gun nuts.
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 12:50 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
You don t need to kill something your self when you can already buy anything.

Why is it wrong to kill your own food, but OK to buy food that someone else has killed?
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 12:51 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
I m against that is commercial too.

So if we can't kill our own food, and we can't buy commercially prepared food, what are we supposed to eat?
maxdog

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 01:50 pm
@RABEL222,
As long as there is no other way (although you are hurting other creature to dead ) i will also kill to maintain my self or self defence .
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 01:52 pm
@oralloy,
To not add up the killing.
maxdog

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 01:57 pm
@oralloy,
When i said i don t agree with commercial killing i didn t meant that it have to stop ,just that if i can i will avoid that too .
For me we turn vegetarians . Not sure if plants feel pain and scare .
farmerman

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 03:22 pm
@maxdog,
subsistence hunting is a mainstay of life in many areas of the planet. Im not a subsistence hunter but a sport hunter who hunts for game for the TABLE. I hunt mostly small game and watrfowl. Ive huntd moose and decided that we only could eat moose jerky and not chops or roasts. deer meat is totally unpalatable to me , Mrs F and when the kids were home, they wouldnt at it too. I only got one deer in my life before I gave that up.Hunting actually keeps the herds more fit. Chronic Wasting diseases are killing significant numbers of state herds of deer, whiteys, mulies, wapiti, antelope, bison, elk and now moose. If we dont find out and stop the CWD (as its called in the news) , artiodactyl hoofied wildlife will be a memory.

I think fishing can be managed sustainably. Weve learned lots of lessons about species "crashes' and have begun cleaning up our act (if th present administration doesnt **** with that also).
Our biggest problems in fishing are market fishing from compting foreign countries. Canadia and the US have banned ALL cod and Tommy cod and pollock fishing because the species have gone down in numbers over 75% due to overfishing. Canada can now control the catch limits an will have to carefully monitor at the buy boats. We still have interference from Russian Fin and Japanese trawlers doing long line passes in territorial waters, although technology has helped stop some of that.

Catch limits are a fairly carefully calculated number for sports and commercial fishing and these numbers are hanged seasonally.

maxdog

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 04:12 pm
@farmerman,
Im sorry but hunting for sports is ridiculous for me .
That they eat it really doesn t matter for me .
I don t like nice words to justify the cruelty so i have to say they are killing and terrorize for fun .
Could be that they think that animals don t feel the same as a person is in a situation when in a threat of a gun fire attack . For me it s the same and they do feel the same .

We must eat only from what we find for sale in shops it will be enough cruelty , we don t have to add up more
oralloy

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 04:19 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:
For me we turn vegetarians . Not sure if plants feel pain and scare .

If you choose to be a vegetarian that's your business. You should look into getting a retro '80s "Meat is Murder" t-shirt.

But you aren't going to stop me from eating meat.

1. Forums
  2. » Hunting or fishing
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 07:54:45