Death penalty

maxdancona

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2019 05:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Executing a killer is revenge of the worst kind.

Just curious.... what is revenge of the best kind?

(... and don't say "a good life"... because we all know that isn't true.)
glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2019 06:24 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

I know you would kill , it s our instict to do so for not feel pain or die . So by death penalty you are doing the same pretty much . High security prisons can fail to hold prisoners and they can be back in the streets.

No , you actually don't know that to be true....you just want it to be true. I don't know why you are so desperately desirous of a one size fits all characterization of people, I can't fathom why you ask such tortuous one dimensional questions. How long have you been trying to learn English? It would be helpful to know in order to make better sense of your statements. I'm not insulting you, I'm trying to understand....having studied several languages I know it takes a while to learn how to communicate ........ for me it's always been easier to read a foreign language, it's a different skill to be able to write, transcribe, and simultaneous translation is a whole different animal.
maxdog

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2019 07:04 pm
@glitterbag,
Yes i know that someone that have a threat of being killed will fight back .
I know that i can t write properly in english , but most of the time they understand me .
glitterbag

Reply Wed 14 Aug, 2019 09:26 pm
@maxdog,
I know you are making an effort to learn another language, I think that's a good thing. Too few people are willing to make the effort. I hope in the future others don't have as much trouble as I do determining what you are trying to say.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 12:13 am
@maxdog,
You should read up on the realities of war, and how many soldiers refuse to shoot their rifles or guns, even during the heat of battle. That's been true during WWII and the Korean War. The Vietnam War was a bit different from what I understand from reading some articles, but that was also the war when many young people demonstrated against it. Some even moved to Canada. Canada and the Vietnam War - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_and_the_Vietnam_War
The Vietnam War had considerable effects on Canada – and Canada and Canadians affected ... Meanwhile, tens of thousands of American Vietnam War resisters emigrated to Canada to avoid the draft. .... Estimates vary greatly as to how many Americans settled in Canada for the specific reason of dodging the draft or ...
‎Canadian involvement in ... · ‎Canadians in the U.S. ... · ‎American war resisters in ...

Americans have been resisting getting involved in wars since then. http://www.americansc.org.uk/Online/Forum/Vietnam_War.htm
oralloy

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 12:28 am
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Just curious.... what is revenge of the best kind?

Give someone a psychic compulsion so that whenever they see chewing gum that someone has spit into a public urinal, they have an irresistible urge to pick it up and chew it.

I actually came up with the above as an answer to the question "what would be the funniest curse that someone could place on a left-winger". But after reading your query here, I think it would make for a pretty entertaining form of revenge as well.

maxdancona wrote:
... and don't say "a good life"... because we all know that isn't true.

It could be true actually, if the life in question is really good, and if the target of the revenge has an unhappy life.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 01:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
So let terrorisim be . If things are going to be like that, they are not going to be afraid to do a terrorisim attacks when they know that no one will touch them because they are protected by the law .
cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 10:49 am
@maxdog,
Quote:
So let terrorisim be...
No. You're being ridiculous. We have international laws against violence and killing even during wars.
Quote:
The rules of war, or international humanitarian law (as it is known formally) are a set of international rules that set out what can and cannot be done during an armed conflict. ... The rules of war are universal. The Geneva Conventions (which are the core element of IHL) have been ratified by all 196 states.Oct 19, 2016
What are the rules of war and why do they matter? | International ...

https://www.icrc.org/en/.../what-are-rules-of-war-Geneva-Conventions
maxdog

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 03:29 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Terrorisim is a phenomenon that goes against all rules and pride so it have to be tackled differently . If you want to solve the problem you have to grab the bull from it s horns . Otherwise we re going to live like that situation that there was a motorcycle in timesquare sound like a gun and people rushing for their lives in total chaos . That s my opinion
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 03:55 pm
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

So let terrorisim be . If things are going to be like that, they are not going to be afraid to do a terrorisim attacks when they know that no one will touch them because they are protected by the law .

One thing is not prescribing a death penalty for terrorism. Another thing is "no one will touch them." There are penalties for terrorism other than death penalties.
maxdog

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 08:23 pm
@InfraBlue,
Of course there is, but is it effective ? Don t think so
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 11:04 pm
@maxdog,
It’s not established that the death penalty effectively deters crime either.
roger

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 11:13 pm
@InfraBlue,
How 'bout recidivism?
InfraBlue

Reply Thu 15 Aug, 2019 11:26 pm
@roger,
Oh, it’s got that more than covered, whether there was any crime to relapse to, or not, in the first place.
0 Replies

maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 01:55 am
@InfraBlue,
But for sure half of the attackers will think twice if they know they are gonna suffer .
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 05:26 am
@maxdog,
maxdog wrote:

But for sure half of the attackers will think twice if they know they are gonna suffer .

You are so NAIVE! We have literally millennia worth of evidence that the death penalty prevents violent crime.
maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 08:08 am
@tsarstepan,
yes that s what im sayin
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 01:42 pm
I've no problem with taking the life of a murderer in retribution, but I do have a problem with our government having the ability (for any reason) to kill one of its citizens, and we can't have victims administering justice. Having said this anything other than a true life sentence is a travesty of justice.
maxdog

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 01:50 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Goverment killing cintezens in wich occassion ?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 16 Aug, 2019 02:10 pm
@maxdog,
Who do you think pulls the switch on the electric chair?

1. Forums
  2. » Death penalty
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 02:00:41