Why get the App?

Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 07:25 am
Everywhere seems to be promoting "...use the App instead.." For example I was logging on to activate my new bank card - they say even better get the App.

I have a target card - my daughter (who is working there this summer) says get the App - she downloads it on my phone so now instead of using my card when I go to target, I open the App on my phone and scan it.

Why do I need the APP? I have the card? For banking - I pay my bills online - I logon to my account and pay them - but they want me to use an APP on phone instead---why? It is easier to see and read on the computer than my phone -

So why all this App happy stuff?

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 07:37 am
@Linkat,

in case you are away from your computer, or worse yet -- your computer is out of order...
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 07:45 am
@Region Philbis,
but I can logon to the internet and the websites on my phone too - I don't need to pull up an app to do this
jespah

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 08:00 am
The apps tend to be better optimized for mobile (so you can see what you need to see better on a small phone screen). Plus they can be more stable for a mobile operating system.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 09:16 am
@Linkat,
I am on your side as a customer. If you prefer to use the web site, then the company should support this decision.

That being said, as a software developer, there are lots of advantages to having people use the app. As Jespah says, when I develop an app I have control over the screen and can provide a much cleaner, faster interface.

From a marketing perspective, companies want to be on your mobile device. That way you will always have Target in your hands.

I have a Starbucks logo, a bank logo and an Amazon logo staring at me any time I open my cellphone. However, I find each of these apps to be useful, so I keep them around.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 01:17 pm
I figure the app is a way for them to track you. They are however many times useful and helpful. My Home Depot app even lets me know exactly which place to go in the store for an item.
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 01:21 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis wrote:

I figure the app is a way for them to track you. They are however many times useful and helpful. My Home Depot app even lets me know exactly which place to go in the store for an item.

I could see that helping out - I am always wondering the aisles looking for the one item I need.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 01:47 pm
Apps need updating - constantly.

I kept getting bounced off a Neighborhood site and someone suggested updating the app. No problem since.

Of course, Apple wanted all the info. Yes, they are tracking us all.
Linkat

Reply Fri 9 Aug, 2019 02:34 pm
@PUNKEY,
My take on the Target one - is according to my daughter then send you coupons via the app and that is the only way to get these coupons. So they probably track what you are buying - send you coupons via the app for those things you regularly purchase to get you in the store to make other purchases.

And it works - how many times have I gone into target to just get one thing and then I come out with 20.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Why get the App?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.17 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 06:37:46