Anthropology anyone

blatham

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 07:28 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Go!
Cannot until a medical problem levels out. Which may not happen.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 08:48 pm
@blatham,
Sorry to hear that. Just stay positive. I have CKD, and I'm now 84 years old, and still relatively healthy. My wife and I try to go for a walk every day.
blatham

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 08:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
My wife and I try to go for a walk every day.
I type vigorously.
longly

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 10:03 pm
@blatham,
Sorry to see that I hope you get over it soon. If you don’t mind and if it is not too personal what is your medical problem? Have you noticed the world is not a fair place? People like me seem go on forever and people like my wife start on a down spiral that they never recover form. I hope that is not you.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 10:10 pm
@blatham,
Quote:
I type vigorously.
. Keeping the mind active is just as important.
roger

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 10:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Okay, I think vigorously.

Well, sorta.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 10:34 pm
@roger,
Well, I think in a furiously articulate fashion. Can I have a cookie?
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 10:45 pm
@glitterbag,
Sure, but you'll have to travel to the West Coast. We also have Stan's donuts that's to die for. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g33046-d841774-Reviews-Stan_s_Donut_Shop-Santa_Clara_California.html. It's only a couple of miles from our place.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 11:46 am
@longly,
Thanks for your comments. Situation is related to heart disease. And age, of course. Sooner or later, something reaches up and gets ya. Very sorry to hear of your wive's problems.
longly

Reply Sat 10 Aug, 2019 09:59 pm
@blatham,
Well it may not seem like it to you, but there are worse conditions than heart decease. My mother lived with it for over twenty years. And science is routinely making improvement in the treatment of the condition.
blatham

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 08:09 am
@longly,
Quote:
Well it may not seem like it to you, but there are worse conditions than heart decease.
I am aware.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 08:14 am
@blatham,
blatham wrote:
I am aware.
And I'm aware that nothing can shock you but please do remember that statistically 9 out of 10 injections are in vein.
blatham

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 06:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Tell that to Keith Richards.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 11 Aug, 2019 06:51 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Which one of the 10 is considered okay?
0 Replies

longly

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 09:42 pm
@rosborne979,
"Try Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Anthropology/"

I went to Reddit and that was a mistake; it has too many restrictions, I don’t want to be restricted in what I can think. For me everything is open to discussion; there are no scared cows. And the site is hard site to use, the layout it is not intuitive. I couldn’t remove my registration.
blatham

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 07:02 pm
@longly,
Quote:
there are no scared cows
True now. But prior to the Late Neolithic, cows did not say "Moooo". They had been saying "Boooo". That linguistic alteration in Cowish changed everything.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Mon 19 Aug, 2019 08:36 pm
@longly,
Quote:
I don’t want to be restricted in what I can think. For me everything is open to discussion; there are no scared cows.

Do you have any other unrestricted, open thoughts on anthropology?
longly

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 12:52 am
@nacredambition,
"Do you have any other unrestricted, open thoughts on anthropology? "

If I ever find an anthropology site populated by open minded posters, I would like to write up my short hypotheses on early human migrations from the steppes. I would like to have my reasoning evaluated by fair and open minded people to help me see the weaknesses in my thinking.

But I am so busy with work and other things I may never get around it.

My favorite thinker is Jared Diamond, but I don’t agree with him on everything and my favorite book is The Horse, The Wheel And Language.
nacredambition

Reply Tue 20 Aug, 2019 11:09 pm
@longly,
Quote:
The Wheel

It's common knowledge that a Mesopotamian woman invented scissors to cut up the flat bread she'd cooked one Tuesday morning 3,500 years BCE only to invent the wheel later that same day for quicker slices of pizza. There is no extant evidence of the type of pizza she was cooking but the smart money is on a super supreme with olives and anchovy. Cuneiform (homage to her early work) came much later.

0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 21 Aug, 2019 07:01 am
@longly,
Perhaps the word you’re looking for is disease - not decease.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 07:14:40