Sunday evening musings, or any day

roger

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 01:49 am
@chai2,
Yeah, but see, I know what a hubcap is.
chai2

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 02:21 am
@roger,
Otterbox is a brand of phone case. It's really hard to damage. The one I have is just old and grimy so I treated myself to a new one.

Who remembers when you could dial and number and get the correct time?

roger

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 02:55 am
@chai2,
ME! I also had a useful phone directory. My most recent directory looks like a thin paper back novel.
chai2

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 10:23 am
@roger,
I can remember dialing the time when I had to set a clock or something.

Nowadays of course we can just look at our phone, or any other device to get that.

There was also a number to dial to get the local weather.

Where I lived, that also included the tides going in and out, the phase of the moon, and other stuff.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 06:46 pm
@chai2,
I really didnt like my otterbox.Too damn big. GSA made a slip on plastic cover with a fresnel lens that actually magnifies the screen a bit. Its great for text and message reading or Google maps. You slip it off for best clarity, but then you have to us your fingers to xpand the point your looking at (IS THERE A NAME FOR THAT FINGER THING?)
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 08:48 pm
Day early, but I gotta grumble.

I went to Smith's, mostly to get a couple bags of cat litter. Like 7 or 8 pound bags. What did they have? Twenty - one pounds and up. That's enough, I sez. Off to Safeway. One (count it) one bag at 12 pounds. I'll try Dollar General tomorrow, I guess. I guess having cats is now a fair game luxury, these days.
nacredambition

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 08:52 pm
@roger,
No litter.

The Nine Greek Muses

Calliope, the Muse of epic poetry
Clio, the Muse of history
Erato, the Muse of lyric poetry
Euterpe, the Muse of music
Melpomene, the Muse of tragedy
Polyhymnia, the Muse of sacred poetry
Terpsichore, the Muse of dance and chorus
Thalia, the Muse of comedy and idyllic poetry
Urania, the Muse of astronomy
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 08:59 pm
@roger,
you can make your own kitty- litter in the microwave. I saw it on EweTube. (Thats an ag specific information video service.)
chai2

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 09:09 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Day early, but I gotta grumble.

I went to Smith's, mostly to get a couple bags of cat litter. Like 7 or 8 pound bags. What did they have? Twenty - one pounds and up. That's enough, I sez. Off to Safeway. One (count it) one bag at 12 pounds. I'll try Dollar General tomorrow, I guess. I guess having cats is now a fair game luxury, these days.

I like the clumping litter from PetSmart, it's called Great Choice.
I get it in the 20 lb jugs. The 35 lb pail is too cumbersome and heavy.

I like PetSmart because you can order it online for later pickup in the store, and they'll take 5% off that way. When you show up at the store it's all ready for you in a cart and you just have to show them ID.

Before I pay online, I get my total, then I go to Gift Card Granny and search for and buy a discounted electronic PetSmart gift card

I am actually in the process of ordering 4 jugs of clumping litter and a big bag of cat food.
I bought the card for 16% off, and I had already gotten the 5% off the order.

I'm just waiting now to get the e-card, which because it's Saturday night, might not show up until tomorrow. Then I'll pay PetSmart and get notification in probably another hour that my orders ready.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 10:24 pm
@farmerman,
I would prefer a reasonable sized bag, but out of curiosity, what do you make it out of.

I do recall my parents visiting a local saw mill and stocking up on sawdust. My area isn't all that big on saw mills. Except for mesquite, of course, and that's all pressed into briquettes and shipped to Pennsylvania.
Sturgis

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 10:38 pm
@chai2,
I too remember dialing up to get the time.

at the tone, the time will be 7:14 and 40 secomds...beep...

Oh, and enjoy your new phone case. Is it a fancy one of similar to mine which is sort of greyish/white and vaguely clear?
chai2

Reply Sat 27 Jul, 2019 10:46 pm
@Sturgis,
I believe I ordered a teal colored one.

I haven't opened the package yet.

The hubcap is on the car though.
chai2

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 09:06 am
@chai2,
I just received a message on ebay from someone with a question about one of my products.

They asked "Is this for white peoples hair, or colored peoples hair?"

I asked them what color people they were referring to, Blue? Green?, and said as far as I was aware it was for peoples hair, period.

oh. this person was in the U.S.

-----

I don't think I have heard anyone seriously use the term "colored people" since around 1980 in the U.S. (by of all people a sister in law). And even in that year it made me cringe as it hadn't been used for years before that.

Sturgis

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 01:29 pm
So then he says he "bought a a new towel rack" for his miniature bathroom.

As always, I asked, Why?

His answer was as is often the case, ridiculous.

First he says he needs it.

"Why?" I was compelled to ask.

He tells me the other one doesn't work.

"Whadda ya mean?"

It turns out the hooks aren't holding the towels. Every time he closed the door they fell off the hooks.

Yeah, his so called towel rack is one of those gizmos that hang over the top of a door and has 5 hooks. No, there is no actual rack or shelf. It's in truth an over the door hanging coat, hat, handbag sort of thing. Not a towel rack at all.

I refused to ask what the new thing looks like. It may be a shoe-bag or one of those caddies for the shower.
chai2

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 03:03 pm
@Sturgis,
I live for stories like that Sturgis.
Seriously.

It's the stuff that gets in our minds, but we don't think it's really worth mentioning to others.

This is that safe place.

Speaking of towel racks.

One time at a job someone was showing us this penthouse in Manhatten that was selling for over $100 million. We were commenting/joking like someone was asking how many parking spaces did it come with. I said "for that kind of money I expect them to put in heated towel racks"

This one guy seriously asked "Oh. Do you think they would do that?"

Yes Ted, I think they would do that.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 5 Aug, 2019 03:44 pm
@chai2,
ahahahahahahaahhahahahahaaAA
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 08:48 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

I just received a message on ebay from someone with a question about one of my products.

They asked "Is this for white peoples hair, or colored peoples hair?"

I asked them what color people they were referring to, Blue? Green?, and said as far as I was aware it was for peoples hair, period.

oh. this person was in the U.S.

-----

I don't think I have heard anyone seriously use the term "colored people" since around 1980 in the U.S. (by of all people a sister in law). And even in that year it made me cringe as it hadn't been used for years before that.

Heh. Got a reply from this person saying "I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I was just asking a legitimate question. I'm glad I didn't buy from you."

My response....

"That makes 2 of us."
farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 09:04 am
@chai2,
haw haw, several good swifties to the corpus colonosum doesnt work for many of us. Nice "to the point" come back.

I need a new writer, send me your bio.
chai2

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 09:50 am
@farmerman,
I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.
chai2

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 09:54 am
@chai2,
Speaking of.....

https://external-preview.redd.it/RtLhc8d8IsuETQCeXbuy-CGgDPc0Wq1axr3crurPm1U.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f58db5f3911552481dff0db0e78c3a95bccc4546
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 02:48:56