I need a good email service [Answered]

sozobe

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 10:10 am
So does it go in your inbox, then?

Still seems like you must get far, far less than I do -- I get prolly 200-300 bulk messages (read=spam) a day.

It was my work address at the beginning, so had to be posted a few places -- probably what started the onslaught, and once started...
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 10:19 am
no.
i only get e-mail from people/places i know...
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 10:19 am
Well, Yahoo mail was perfect for me till it started messing up a week or so ago.

I did finally get a response from them. Basically, they said this can't happen, and listed a number of possibilities that would explain why it appeared to be happening. I had eliminated all of them before contacting yahoo. Specifically, I watched someone attempt to send me an attachment at work. She used the correct address both times. I had several people send me test mails, using "reply" with no chance of an erroneous address. I sent mail to myself from another account, with CC myself. I got the CC in the other account, but the mail has not arrived in my inbox.

I still get bulk mail, and occasional advertisements from Orbitz and Yahoo itself.

Thanks to my good friend BLT, I now use gmail. I love it!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:30 pm
Anybody wanting a Gmail account, go here:

Webpage Title
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:31 pm
I'm still loving the gmail. It has the most marvelously uncluttered screen you can imagine. Almost like the old WordPerfect 5.1.

Followup on Yahoo. A few days after getting my initial unresponsive response, they asked permission to examine my account to see if they could determine the problem. It is encouraging they could acknowledge the possible existance of a problem within the system.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 11:18 pm
Roger, do you have Gmail configured thru your Outlook Express or what?

I'm having a problem with that, so hopefully someone will come along to help me.

You're correct, the Gmail is very uncluttered and easily worked, so I'm hoping I'll get it configured soon.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 02:36 am
No. Sorry, but I have nothing to do with Outlook anything. It's kind a prejudice thing, I guess.
0 Replies