Daughter's Wedding on Sky News

Tarah

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 09:10 am
Don't know if this is the place to post it, but my daughter has been on the front page of some English papers and on Sky News.

Last Sunday she married an American who served 22 years on Death Row for a rape and murder he didn't commit. He was exonerated in 2004 and they met when he came over here to give a talk.

It's actually quite useful as the photographer hasn't given me the wedding pictures yet but there's a super one of them in the local paper.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 578 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:03 pm
What?

Where's the photos?

Joe(what a story!)Nation
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:05 pm
Cough it up, Lady . . . give us a link . . .
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:17 pm
http://static.sky.com/images/pictures/1297199.jpg
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:25 pm
Tarah, that is fabulous. Now we know why capital punishment is not a good option!

Hey, Walter. Thanks for the photo.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 03:36 pm
This was the link from today's paper - unfortunately it doesn't show the wedding photo: http://www.enfieldindependent.co.uk/display.var.598405.0.unchain_my_heart.php

There's loads of them on Google. My cousin was in Budapest on Sunday and she saw them on Sky News.

He's totally without anger or bitterness. He's the life and soul of the party when we see him and enjoys every moment of every day.

He had no compensation when he left prison, had $5.37 to his name. He's writing a book and has a publisher who's after it. He needs to make some money to keep my daughter in shoes!!!!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 05:49 pm
Tarah wrote:
He had no compensation when he left prison, had $5.37 to his name. He's writing a book and has a publisher who's after it. He needs to make some money to keep my daughter in shoes!!!!

A very interesting story. Was he not able to sue for wrongful imprisonment? I'm sure a lawyer would take a case like that on a contingency basis.
0 Replies

Tarah

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:01 pm
There's no law for compensation in Philadelphia. I understand Nick is hoping a new law will be passed but it all takes time, probably years.

Our daughter only told us about Nick two days before he came to England. We were somewhat shocked, to say the least. However, he stayed with us and we got to know him and admire him immensely.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 06:09 pm
Tarah, I am stunned! I did a brief search and found this:

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review/trib/newssummary/s_280029.html

I wonder how many other states don't have compensation?
0 Replies