Can I convince you that consciousness (and therefore spacetime) is involved in the double slit?

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 06:58 pm
Let's do an experiment to see how closed-minded you are. I will be sitting here scoffing at the thread views with no comments. I think I'm getting close to the key of getting you guys on board with my hypothesis/theory. The root of the theory is that QM waves do not inhabit Spacetime ..HEY! don't leave yet, give me a second more of your time.
Fights in other forums has lead me to believe the biggest stumbling block is that you still give excuses for wave collapse from knowing path info. How can you look at the repeatable results of the double slit and quantum eraser experiments ..and say a consciousness isn't involved? Why does it show that path information only matters when a consciousness internalizes it?

Isn't it obvious that QM waves are literally waves until wave collapse? Spacetime is giving them the dimension needed to be real (to us). The permitted/gifted Spacetime is assigned via observation.

I want to take the double slit even further, you will laugh, but if given certain results ..it would shake you to your core. So here is the pitch: we set the double sit up with any animal that can be trained. A computer would give the animal a binary signal (based on cameras were at the slits or not) and the animal would go to one of two doors it thinks a treat is behind based off the signal it was given. It wouldn't mean much if we got the classic two bars of clumps, because we might be connected still, but if it kept showing waves ..it would mean something super weird.

I eventually want to take the test even further my using the first uploaded consciousness to a computer and see if it can trigger path info from a closed circuit camera.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 546 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 09:29 pm
@pittsburghjoe,
What do you have so far? Show your work up to this point. That would make it easier to know if I am in agreement with your hypothesis or not.

Quote:
I will be sitting here scoffing...views with no comments.

You can cease scoffing as you now have a comment.
pittsburghjoe

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 04:09 pm
@Sturgis,
This is what it leads to
https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=77102.0
then
https://www.thenakedscientists.com/forum/index.php?topic=77049.0
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 08:00 pm
@pittsburghjoe,
No, you can't convince me that consciousness is involved in the double slit. In fact, you are going to have a hard time convincing me that consciousness is involved in this thread.

This is another example of pseudo-science nonsense.

0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 09:28 am
@pittsburghjoe,
Just as the shadow of a cone can appear as either a triangle or a circle depending on the orientation of the light source and the object, so to results we see of the double-slit are probably just shadows of a different dimensional construct which we cannot yet conceptualize. Of course, consciousness itself may be an even deeper shadow of a different construct we can't conceptualize either. But probability being what it is, we try not to multiply complexities where possible.
0 Replies