Why is our life so cheap ??

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:42 am
16 muslim women who are part of a Kashmiri seperatist movement were jailed after protesting for the release of their leader. They were jailed and held as a preventative measure under the strict new ant-terrorism laws. Reuters
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:45 am
Littlek, Kashmiri separatist movement is a terrorist organization. And if these women belong to it, they are eligible to measures undertaken in the framework of the anti-terror laws. I agree that there is a certain bias in media coverage of the terror activities in the world: people outside India know too few about numerous terror attacks against the Indian nationals by the terror group mentioned.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 09:47 am
I really don't know much about the factions in the Kashmiri fighting. However, I am not quick to believe that all seperatist groups are terrorists. Again, I don't know a thing about this group and have started looking up what I can about them online.
0 Replies

frolic

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 10:02 am
A very interesting link

Kashmir: The origins of the dispute
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 10:07 am
I started it's own topic.
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 10:48 am
Littlek, the only separatist group known to me that has nothing to do with terror and political extremism was the Slovakian post-war separatist lobby that caused peaceful disintegration of Czechoslovakia. Kashmiri separatists are bloodthirsty murderers. This did not get adequate coverage during the Cold War period for the following reasons: Pakistan that supported Kashmiri separatists had in general pro-Western orientation (so, its rulers were considered being "our" SOBs), and Indian government tilted to the rather pro-Soviet side.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:14 pm
Steissd, please discuss Kashmir here unless Gautam wants us to take up the issue here.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5209
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2003 02:59 pm
Was it in the NYTimes?
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 04:27 am
Yes it was in the NY Times.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 11:29 am
I am sort of chilled to hear there is a media mortality "interest" rate that can be quantified as fbaezer did. It is a sad commentary and reminds me of the old Steve Goodman song, "It ain't hard.... to get along with somebody else's troubles, they don't make you lose any sleep at night."
0 Replies

the prince

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2003 04:21 am
Heard abt this one ?

Hindu's killed in Kashmir
0 Replies