sexist

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 04:39 pm
Why do men think that they can control women? Women does hard things too (being pregnant and giving birth is a very hard thing to do). The government is making it illegal to get an abortion in some states. And guess who is making that illegal... MEN. It is our body and if we are not ready to have a child then we should be able to get an abortion
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 3,381 • Replies: 119

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 05:22 pm
@not-so-shy-herron-19,
not-so-shy-herron-19 wrote:

Why do men think that they can control women? Women does hard things too (being pregnant and giving birth is a very hard thing to do). The government is making it illegal to get an abortion in some states. And guess who is making that illegal... MEN. It is our body and if we are not ready to have a child then we should be able to get an abortion
kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 05:23 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
i feel yah sister
jespah

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 07:39 am
@not-so-shy-herron-19,
While I understand where you're coming from, and you may not have meant it quite this way, but your statement puts the value of women squarely in our uteruses.

Women are a lot more than a collection of body parts (as are men).
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 08:39 am
@not-so-shy-herron-19,
This is factually bullshit.

There are roughly equal numbers of men and women who are against abortion. Gender has nothing to do with your opinion on whether abortion should be legal or not.

If men were not allowed to vote... women would still make abortion illegal in many states.
maxdancona

Reply Fri 31 May, 2019 08:49 am
@maxdancona,
Just to be clear... there are good arguments about why abortion should be kept safe and legal. I am not arguing against abortion rights.

I am just pointing out that this particular argument is bogus.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 01:04 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
There are roughly equal numbers of men and women who are against abortion.
Says who? Says you?
You can't just make stuff up.

Quote:
Gender has nothing to do with your opinion on whether abortion should be legal or not.
Says who? And why not?
I would argue that gender is EXTREMELY important when addressing this particular issue.
I would argue that if you wish to have pro-life women and pro-choice women debate and make laws on this issue, that would be fine.

If men want to give their input, that is fine.
Just leave ALL men out of the legislating and making laws on this particular issue.
Let ONLY women make the laws addressing this particular issue.

I don't know what percentage of women who are pro-choice compared to pro-life. I can only speculate. I personally believe that if you surveyed every woman in the United States on this issue, regardless of party affiliation, that the vast majority of women in this country are probably pro-choice. I would venture to say that roughly 70 percent of all women in the United States are probably pro-choice. Once again, that is just what I speculate to be the case. I am not claiming this to be a fact. And you shouldn't either.
kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 01:26 am
@Real Music,
finally....someone who understands what @not-so-shy-herron-19 was trying to say
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 01:32 am
@Real Music,
Quote:
"leave ALL men out of the legislating and making laws on this particular issue. Let ONLY women make the laws addressing this particular issue."

Sigh! This is ridiculous.

1. In Alabama, the abortion law was decided by a woman. After the law restricting abortion was passed by the legislature, it was put on the desk of a woman. This woman had the sole power to either sign this bill into law, or to veto it. She had the power to completely overturn the decision of the legislature.

This woman with the power to block the abortion law instead signed it into law. Does that make it OK with you?

2. We don't need to speculate about the fact that women support restrictions on abortion roughly as much as men. We can actually look at the facts. See https://www.vox.com/2019/5/20/18629644/abortion-gender-gap-public-opinion

There are facts here. I am not making anything up. You are putting your head in the sand.

3. Your proposal to prevent men from legislating is not only constitutionally ridiculous, it wouldn't work. https://news.gallup.com/poll/235646/men-women-generally-hold-similar-abortion-attitudes.aspx

maxdancona

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 01:38 am
@Real Music,
If majority of female legislators in a State support a restrictive abortion law would you be OK with it?
kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 08:03 am
@maxdancona,
ima answer for him goin on my opjnion and theres goin off of what they said....NOOOO your still killing a human bwing and do you know how devestating that is to think about...killing a teeny tiney little baby that wouls eventually grow up to be the sunshine of your life. god let that baby keep growing for a reason you cant just kill it...thats the ******* stupidest thing ive ever heard... i will NEVERR use abortion because i was raised to charish human life not deplete it...so just think about it and i dont give a damn whos on the senate...for all i care thay are all wrong for passing tha abortion laws
thorie

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 08:41 am
@not-so-shy-herron-19,
Abortion is not an option. Your body is a wonderland so don't just give it away to any men.
kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 09:10 am
@thorie,
but what if yall are married and ready to...then its okay...but why would you get abortion then...you did the deed and now the consequences will be paid
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 09:18 am
@kaylie-the-cutter,
Kaylie,

The "abortion laws" we are discussing are to make it illegal to get an abortion in most cases. Are you in favor of these laws? (I am a little confused from your posts about which side of the issue you are on).

Real Music is making the argument that being opposed to to abortion makes you a sexist.

kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 09:37 am
@maxdancona,
oof yea im in favor of these laws...ig he was making it to complicated...abortion doesnt make you sexist but it still should be illegal
maxdancona

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 09:53 am
@kaylie-the-cutter,
kaylie-the-cutter wrote:

oof yea im in favor of these laws...ig he was making it to complicated...abortion doesnt make you sexist but it still should be illegal

This thread makes the ridiculous claim that anyone who disagrees with an extreme pro-choice stance is a sexist. They are then denying the facts that as many women are pro-life as men.

I am a moderate in this issue. I believe that abortion should be regulated, but that it should be legal up to a certain point in the pregnancy.

I don't exactly agree with you... but I don't think you are a sexist.

roger

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 10:03 am
@maxdancona,
Good link
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 10:19 am
@kaylie-the-cutter,
kaylie-the-cutter wrote:

How do you feel about the morning after pill? Or IUDs?
kaylie-the-cutter

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 03:11 pm
@chai2,
i choose to not think about these.....
neptuneblue

Reply Sat 1 Jun, 2019 04:03 pm
@kaylie-the-cutter,
So you choose to not protect yourself from disease or pregnancy? Why is that?

1. Forums
  2. » sexist
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 11:14:03