Crop Circles

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 03:28 pm
I know this phenomena has been around for a long time but from what I hear, it has only gained a strong interest by large groups of people since about 1990.

A month ago a gentleman in our group presented us with a slide program about Crop Circles and I am becoming more interested in them. These occurences are nothing short of a miracle where I am concerned. I know there must be books written about Crop Circles but I don't believe anyone at this time has any reasonable, understandable, explanation as to how these things actually come to be.

Unlike the proverbial "flying saucers" these Crop Circles are easily seen by any one that cares to take the time to visit the site of one of them. They are real. Why hasn't our government discovered what the origin of these things are. Are questions about them so difficult to answer they are outside the realm of science?

From what I heard, most of these Crop Circles are to be found in England and the Crop Circle season is quickly approaching.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 598 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 03:44 pm
These are made by humans, mostly to entertain a credulous public.

The even have their own web site

Circlemakers.org
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 03:47 pm
Human credulity, however, knows no bounds. A television report on the crop circle makers featured an interview with people assembled at Stonehenge for the solstice. They were shown of a videotape of the crop circle makers, which included a demonstration of how they made the crop circles. Having seen the video, the crowd then began to voice their objections, mostly to the effect that not all of the crop circles were of human origin . . .

To paraphrase Mencken, no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the public . . .
0 Replies

Jack Webbs

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 04:11 pm
When I first saw them my common sense impulse was to disregard them as a hoax. The more pictures I have seen the more disturbing it becomes.

Sunday I listened to a lecture by a man I know to be sincere. His main motivator is the fact that he believes these Crop Circles are a genuine phenomena with no explanation of their origin. So far.

I glanced at one paper that went on and on about mathematical relationships and the Crop Circles and it was much to high a level for me to understand. I just don't believe any one knows exactly what the origins of these things are. I have looked at some Crop Cirlcles that would take days to duplicate by hand sketch let alone doing it in the dark of the night in some wheat field.

And I am not so sure one can totally seperate the superstition from the "science" here as my friend seems to believe.
0 Replies