A Sincere Apology

Reply Tue 28 May, 2019 10:39 pm
I owe the readers & the webmaster an apology for getting defensive and emotional in my posts. I am learning that to be one with the Holy Spirit, I have to forgive whatever is in front of me. I made my discovery almost to the day that Uranus entered Taurus last year, and I have thought about little else. Please find it within yourselves to forgive me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 1,779 • Replies: 68
No top replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 01:19 am
@Montezuma III ,
You shouldn't be losing any sleep. I don't think you upset anyone. I don't think many people took your ideas seriously, but they were more amused than offended.

And there are some posters who need to be told to eff off now and again.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think there's anything to forgive.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 07:36 am
@Montezuma III ,
Montezuma III wrote:

I owe the readers & the webmaster an apology for getting defensive and emotional in my posts. I am learning that to be one with the Holy Spirit, I have to forgive whatever is in front of me. I made my discovery almost to the day that Uranus entered Taurus last year, and I have thought about little else. Please find it within yourselves to forgive me.

Very interesting method of dating events you are using.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 01:42 pm
@BillRM,
It's quite good for duration. It will be a period of 8 years or so, March 2019-April 2026.
0 Replies

Ponderer

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 07:35 pm
@Montezuma III ,
I'm sorry I "took the mike". But I am honest when I tell you it was supposed to make you laugh too.
I thought your post about me believing in Jesus meant that you didn't.
Of course we are forgiven.
RedOrchet

Reply Wed 29 May, 2019 08:34 pm
@Montezuma III ,
HAIL SATAN
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 01:53 am
@Ponderer,
Ponderer wrote:

I'm sorry I "took the mike". But I am honest when I tell you it was supposed to make you laugh too.
I thought your post about me believing in Jesus meant that you didn't.
Of course we are forgiven.

How can anyone not believe in a man god who once went around bringing rotting bodies back to life along with himself later in the story?

Of course Jefferson did not buy into that story an produce the Jefferson bible by removing all the supernatural elements from the new testament.

Jefferson must had been an agent of Satan for sure to do such an act.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 04:23 am
@BillRM,
Well he was a slave owner and a rapist so you've got a point.
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 10:30 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Well he was a slave owner and a rapist so you've got a point.

Given that the 'victim' in question was the half sister of his late wife an he never remarried for the remainer of his life span I would not assume that the relationship was one of force.

You are one of those who assume if there is a very large power imbalance between a man an a woman then it must be rape?

Bill Gate for example must had rape his now wife who during their dating period as she was only a middle manager of one of the largest companies in the world and he was a major owner of the company beside running it.

Gates must have big ones and very must had love her a great deal to risk her having her lawyers suing him for sexual misdeeds if their relationship had not work out and my bet is that Microsoft lawyers was happy when they did get married.

Now yes Jefferson had the power to demand she enter into a sexual relationship with him but there is no indication I know of that he did order her to do so.

He even travel with her to England where she was not a slave and she could had let him at any time instead of returning to the US.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 10:42 am
@BillRM,
Of course not, because when somebody owns somebody else it has to be consensual.

Sex between a slave and master can only be rape.

Bill Gates never owned his wife, you're clutching at straws.

I'm sure when the lady went to the UK with Jefferson she was informed of all her legal rights by Jefferson beforehand.

Why do you think people stay in cults or with abusive partners when they can leave?

Coercion, control coupled with ignorance of their rights and fear of the unknown, and that's for free people, slavery adds a whole new level.
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 11:33 am
@izzythepush,
So a woman loss the right to love and have children with someone by her own wishes if the society at the time have her as a slave of the man?

In a strange manner you agree with the slave owners in the right to take away freedoms from women.

He had a relationship with the lady for many decades and as far as is known he did not have relationships with other women be they slave or free women during that time period.

Sound like a secret common in law marriage to me at a time when it was again the law an the society to married across the color lines let alone to someone class as a slave.

But if does not for some reason shock me that you are on the same side as the racists an slave supporters.

footnote she travel outside of the US and was free to leave him during those times.

Sally Hemings remained in France for 26 months; slavery was abolished in that country after the Revolution in 1789. Jefferson paid wages to her and James while they were in Paris. He paid Sally Hemings the equivalent of $2 a month. In comparison, he paid his Parisian scullion $2.50 a month, and James Hemings $4 a month as chef in training. The French servants earned from $8 to $12 a month.[28] Toward the end of their stay, James used his money to pay for a French tutor and learn the language. Sally Hemings also was learning French.[14] There is no record of where she lived: it may have been with Jefferson and her brother in the Hôtel de Langeac on the Champs-Elysées, or at the convent Abbaye de Panthemont where the girls Maria and Martha were schooled. Whatever the weekday arrangements, Jefferson and his retinue spent weekends together at his villa.[29] Jefferson purchased some fine clothing for Hemings, which suggests that she accompanied Martha as a lady's maid to formal events.[30][31]

Quote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Hemings#Hemingses_in_Paris

Under French law, both Sally and James could have petitioned for their freedom, as the 1791 revolutionary constitution in France abolished slavery in principle.[32] Hemings had the legal right to remain in France as a free person; if she returned to Virginia with Jefferson, it would be as a slave. According to her son Madison's memoir, Hemings became pregnant by Jefferson in Paris. She was about 16 at the time. She agreed to return with him to the United States, based on his promise to free their children when they came of age (at 21).[14][33] Hemings' strong ties to her mother, siblings and extended family likely drew her back to Monticello.[34][35]
izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 12:04 pm
@BillRM,
She was a slave, she was coerced and controlled and she probably didn't know her rights.

If you were capable of empathy you might realise that.

I know you think Jefferson was some kind of superhero, but he was a bit of a ****. Slave owners were, it goes with the territory.

He was a slave owner and a rapist and none of your attempts at mitigation alters that.
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 12:29 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

She was a slave, she was coerced and controlled and she probably didn't know her rights.

If you were capable of empathy you might realise that.

I know you think Jefferson was some kind of superhero, but he was a bit of a ****. Slave owners were, it goes with the territory.

He was a slave owner and a rapist and none of your attempts at mitigation alters that.

Once more bullshit both her brother and her made agreements concerning the conditions under which they would be willing to returning to the US with Jefferson so they both knew damn well that they have a right not to return to the US.

Next he did not buy the slaves they came with his wife properties if I remember correctly an slavery was just an acceptable institution that most people did not even think about questioning anymore then Rome did in their day.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 01:10 pm
@BillRM,
You don't understand coercion and control. You're not interested in facts because you want to perpetuate the myth that your country was founded by a bunch of altruists when the truth is they were all flawed.

Nice people don't own slaves or use coercion to get laid.
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 01:36 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You don't understand coercion and control. You're not interested in facts because you want to perpetuate the myth that your country was founded by a bunch of altruists when the truth is they were all flawed.

Nice people don't own slaves or use coercion to get laid.

Once more who ever post that the founding fathers did not have flawed including Jefferson?

Sally however was in France for over a decade and could had remain in France if she had wish to do so.

Jefferson power to force her into his bed in France where it would seems the sexual relationship likely began was limited and her standings in the US as a Jefferson slave did not apply to her in France or grant him any powers over her.

I know you prefer simple stories involving evil and raping Americans but history is never never that simple an the relationship between Jefferson and Hemings can not be portray in simple terms of a slave master raping one of his poor and mistreat female slaves.

footnote a hell of a lot of nice people in history own slaves as slavery was a fact of life for a large percent of the human race history.

Next your trying to hammer a complex relationship between Jefferson and Hemings into simple terms of a rapist slave owner an a slave does not fit the facts.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 02:34 pm
@BillRM,
Every country has creation myths, London was supposedly founded by Brutus fleeing the Trojan war.

We don't take them quite as seriously as you though, and we certainly don't turn them into a pseudo religion. Have you ever thought that if you actually believed in God you might not believe all the other horseshit you constantly spout?

It's like something has to fill the credibility gap, and boy is that gap full to bursting.
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 03:24 pm
@izzythepush,
The one trying to sell myths seems to be you with the many decades long complex relationship between Jefferson and Hemings was just an evil slave holder raping a poor defenseless slave girl.

Jefferson had more then a few flaws but being the rapist of his dead wife half sister was not one of them.

He treated the ambassador an his wife of your nation so badly that the ambassador refused to expose his wife by having her going to parties at the White House with him and Jefferson had a blind spot concerning the reign of terror during the French revolution.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 03:52 pm
@BillRM,
I didn't use emotive terms like evil. I just stuck to the facts, he was a slave owner and rapist.

You bent head over heels to defend such behaviour and because that didn't work you're exaggerating what I said.

Why don't you stick to Paul Bunyan? With him you've got a better chance of getting something right.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 03:58 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

He treated the ambassador an his wife of your nation so badly that the ambassador refused to expose his wife

Did Jefferson want the ambassador's wife to do a full strip or just get her tits out?

It's not good either way.
BillRM

Reply Thu 30 May, 2019 05:04 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

BillRM wrote:

He treated the ambassador an his wife of your nation so badly that the ambassador refused to expose his wife

Did Jefferson want the ambassador's wife to do a full strip or just get her tits out?

It's not good either way.

Is it part of your English culture to view women as only sex objects fit to only be victims?

If so now I know why so many English women married US military members during WW2 and move to the US.

1. Forums
  2. » A Sincere Apology
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 08:07:36