0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:02 am
timber- What is Stratfor? Embarrassed
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 05:09 am
http://www.stratfor.com/corp/Corporate.neo?s=ABO

Stratfor is one of the world's leading global intelligence firms, providing clients with geopolitical analysis and industry and country forecasts to mitigate risk and identify opportunities.
Stratfor's clients - who include Fortune 500 companies and major government agencies - receive accurate, predictive intelligence on issues that directly impact their interests. As a result, they are better equipped to navigate the turbulent global business environment of the 21st century, in which business leaders have increasingly had to grapple with an ever-expanding global marketplace and a wide range of political, economic, and security uncertainties.

Armed with accurate, predictive insights, and working in close collaboration with Stratfor's expert analyst team, Stratfor clients are better able to protect assets, compete, diminish risk, and increase opportunity.

The company offers clients enterprise subscription services to its critically acclaimed Web site, which publishes daily intelligence briefs and in-depth analysis, and a wide range of consulting services carefully tailored to meet specific client needs.

Founded in 1997, the company is based in Washington, D.C., New York, NY, and Austin, Texas, where it is headquartered.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:39 am
Stratfor's comments are orbiting around the United States as the center of the world, the reality is quite different.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:43 am
ul- Thanks- I had never heard of them!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:49 am
Phoenix

You should read more of timber's responses in 'Politics'! :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 06:57 am
Walter- Unless I am needed to break up a fistfight, I try to make it my business not to get too deeply involved in the political threads. The constant sound of male lions roaring is a bit much for my "delicate" nature! Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:35 am
Phoenix

You wont find anything else thanhttp://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/engel/angel-smiley-027.gifs on 'Politics' Exclamation

I really wonder, why you got this http://www.bamusic.org/Bay_Area_Little_Symphony/roar.gif idea Question
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:37 am
Walter- Beats me???? Confused
0 Replies

ul

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 07:43 am
Walter,

Laughing Laughing

( you know the word game- add a B to ENGEL )
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2003 09:31 am
Stratfor is admittedly US-centric, but it is aimed at US investors and corporate planners. They distinguish clearly between "News" (which they get up fast), and "Analysis", which is also clearly labled (and perceptive), and they do not engage in "Commentary". They will issue "Projections", which are quite detailed and often "Right on the mark". Their information is considered exceptionally reliable. Stratfor is frequently cited as a source in many Business and Political news stories, commentaries, and articles. They have "Some Weight". When they cite "Our Sources", it often refer to unamed folks with stars on there shoulders, or letters like CEO, CFO, or CIO after their names.

Among their subscribers are all major newswires and Network Broadcast News Organizations, and most, if not all, governments. There are many such organizations, but Stratfor has become the 800 Pound Gorilla of the pack. In the little more than 5 years since they came on the scene, they have come to dominate the genre. Lots of folks find the subscription price a great value. It ain't cheap.

They've helped me make money for quite a while now.

timber
0 Replies