man jailed for assault-on his computer

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 11:23 am
Geroge Doughty had it with his lap top. While working in his office in the back of his bar his lap top blue screened and doing what many of us think about he took it out to the front room, set it on the floor and fired of 4 rounds from his .357, picked up the carcass and hung it on the wall just under the Michelob Light chandelier. Later in the day a customer (probably a member of "people for the ethical treatment of computers") came in and asked about the dead puter on the wall, the bartender explained the demise and the customer doing his duty called the cops. Geroge was booked for felony menacing, reackless endangerment and prohibited use of a weapon. He spent the next 24 hours in jail. He is due in court next Wednesday.
Rocky Mountain News 3/12/03
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 902 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 11:27 am
Well, he did use a gun. If it were me, I would have thrown it on the ground, and jumped up and down on it a few times, until I was sure that it was "dead". I would have been happy, the computer would have had its just desserts, and the cops would have nothing to say about it. Very Happy
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 11:32 am
yeah Phoenix, George said later he should have used a hammer. Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 11:36 am
Well, it's kind of like hunting. It's okay, but you don't have to decorate the mantle with the body parts.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 03:08 pm
Hmm - I once slapped mine - I was SOOOOOOOO ashamed I went and bought it a new mouse-pad.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 03:15 pm
dyslexia- Yeah, but the hammer would not have given him the same visceral satisfaction as jumping on it! Laughing
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 03:18 pm
What a softy, Deb.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 03:22 pm
nah - typical abuse pattern - called "buy-back" - I was more ashamed of buying the mouse-pad when I thought it through.... so now I use "Fury" as my mouse-pad.
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Wed 12 Mar, 2003 08:27 pm
Just today my husband said he had never heard me swear so much before I got a computer. Yep, I let 'er rip when I'm feeling homicidal; besides, I don't own a gun.
0 Replies