Would a ban on all public religious representations and displays ease religious hatreds and violence

Reply Thu 2 May, 2019 01:56 pm
Would a ban on all public religious representations and displays ease religious hatreds and violence?

We have to end inquisitions and jihads of all kinds, including the less lethal ones like homophobia and misogyny.

Some secular governments, led by the French of France and Quebec, are implementing bans on all religious iconography prayers and emblems and religious displays so as to ease religious tensions and violence. They call it laïcité, which translates to secularism. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La%C3%AFcit%C3%A9

The general secular population seems to dislike the one-upmanship that the religious practice on other religions, as well as those who do not follow a religion; even though statistics show that the less religion in a nation, the more peaceful and law abiding it is. Conversely, if we look at the Christian nation of the U.S., as an example; we see perhaps the least peaceful and law abiding nation on earth. This last aside, an example of this one-upmanship, would be Christian signage that tells us to turn to Jesus or be condemned and Muslim head gear and face covering that say that the wearer is more chastely than those who do not cover their heads and bodies.

Jesus said that we should pray in private so as not to be seen as trying to outdo each other in chastity, righteousness and other one-upmanship adjectives that you might think of. Yet most who say they respect Jesus do not follow his teachings of remaining private and insist on public displays of their perceived insult to others not of their brand.

I see the secular world as following Jesus’ advice on this while the so called religious ignore Jesus.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 588 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Brandon9000

Reply Thu 2 May, 2019 04:58 pm
My thought is that you don't give a crap about freedom of speech.
Jewels Vern

Reply Thu 2 May, 2019 07:58 pm
I think you don't know what you are talking about. Exactly how would you define "religious representations"?

Workmen demolishing a building in San Francisco dug up a piece of concrete too big to put on their truck, so they went to get a bigger truck. By the time they got back a group had gathered to worship this chunk of concrete.

So, are you going to ban concrete foundations?
fresco

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 12:47 am
@Greatest I am,
Religion is a one form of cognitive manifestation of natural (inherited) tribalism. In that sense it is a social phenomenon with 'eternal symbols' on which ritual is anchored. Suppression of such symbolism is therefore likely to be ineffective and even counter productive when interpreted tribally in terms of 'them versus us'.
Your gnostic pov involving highlighting of 'the spiritual' rather than 'the material' amounts to little more than an intellectual game played by a minority of 'believers' obsessed with the anthropocentric importance and justification of homo sapiens as 'thinkers'. You ignore the psychological and social importance of belief systems and their symbolism for the majority, i.e. the less intellectual.
Nnam

Reply Fri 3 May, 2019 08:03 am
This could go in many ways, I think while putting into consideration the linkage terrorist officiate between Islam and their own extremism, we should also look on to see how this is merely a dampening on a certain religion and not definitive of how they all are.
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 09:05 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

My thought is that you don't give a crap about freedom of speech.

I said nothing of speech but did mention other religious expressions.

Speech is not the issue, but let's see if you are aware enough to remember that inquisitions and jihads were created by Christianity and Islam to end freedom of though and speech and to murder those like me who will not kowtow to evil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UTdKxCz2FIQ

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 09:07 am
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

I think you don't know what you are talking about. Exactly how would you define "religious representations"?

Workmen demolishing a building in San Francisco dug up a piece of concrete too big to put on their truck, so they went to get a bigger truck. By the time they got back a group had gathered to worship this chunk of concrete.

So, are you going to ban concrete foundations?

I will have to see what the final legislation defines as religious representations but your stupid example would likely be exempt unless some fool draws a cross or a star and crescent on it.

Regards
DL
Greatest I am

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 09:11 am
@fresco,
fresco wrote:

Religion is a one form of cognitive manifestation of natural (inherited) tribalism. In that sense it is a social phenomenon with 'eternal symbols' on which ritual is anchored. Suppression of such symbolism is therefore likely to be ineffective and even counter productive when interpreted tribally in terms of 'them versus us'.
Your gnostic pov involving highlighting of 'the spiritual' rather than 'the material' amounts to little more than an intellectual game played by a minority of 'believers' obsessed with the anthropocentric importance and justification of homo sapiens as 'thinkers'. You ignore the psychological and social importance of belief systems and their symbolism for the majority, i.e. the less intellectual.

I do not ignore the importance of tribalism. I recognize it and that is why I want to reduce the harm that all the little brain dead tribes do in the greater secular tribe.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Greatest I am

Reply Sat 18 May, 2019 09:14 am
@Nnam,
Nnam wrote:

This could go in many ways, I think while putting into consideration the linkage terrorist officiate between Islam and their own extremism, we should also look on to see how this is merely a dampening on a certain religion and not definitive of how they all are.

I see little difference in the Christian ideology and the Muslim ideology.

They are both slave wanting ideologies that refuse to give all souls equality thanks to their homophobic and misogynous teachings.

Regards
DL
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Fri 24 May, 2019 04:16 am
@Greatest I am,
It is obvious that you don't care about any of the responses. If all you want is to chat, you probably should choose a nicer topic.
Greatest I am

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2019 01:25 pm
@Jewels Vern,
Jewels Vern wrote:

It is obvious that you don't care about any of the responses. If all you want is to chat, you probably should choose a nicer topic.

If I wanted nice, a religious forum is not where I would be as the religious are generally pricks to any that are not of their ilk.

This is a scientifically proven fact.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrzXE5XttOE

Regards
DL
0 Replies