You can't spell bomb scare without burrito.

DrewDad

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 09:05 am
Maybe it was the jalapenos.

Weapons scare at school ends with burrito bust

CLOVIS, N.M. - A 911 call about a possible weapon at a middle school prompted police to put armed officers on rooftops, close nearby streets and lock down the school. All over a giant burrito.

Someone called authorities Thursday after seeing a boy carrying something long and wrapped up into Marshall Junior High School.

The drama ended two hours later when the suspicious item was identified as a 30-inch burrito filled with steak, guacamole, lettuce, salsa and jalapenos. It was wrapped inside tin foil and a white T-shirt.

"I didn't know whether to laugh or cry," school Principal Diana Russell said.

Russell said the mystery was solved after she brought everyone in the school together in the auditorium to explain what was going on. Afterward, eighth-grader Michael Morrissey approached her.

"He said, 'I think I'm the person they saw,' " Russell said.

The burrito was part of Morrissey's extra-credit assignment to create commercial advertising for a product. "We had to make up a product and it could have been anything. I made up a restaurant that specialized in oddly large burritos," Morrissey said.

After students heard the description of what police were looking for, he and his friends began to make the connection. He then took the burrito to the office.

"I have a new nickname now. It's Burrito Boy," Morrissey said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 548 • Replies: 5
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 09:45 am
Kid missed a huge opportunity to be a true high school god. He could have said:

"But sir, I had this HUGE erection and didn't want to be late for class, so I wrapped it up in foil and carried it in like a giant burrito".
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 09:50 am
Just think, if we armed teachers like some suggest, he could be dead by now. Can't take any chances!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 09:54 am
D'artagnan wrote:
Just think, if we armed teachers like some suggest, he could be dead by now. Can't take any chances!

Just like those Minutemen blasting away down at the border. Yup.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 10:05 am
No sabe...
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 10:20 am
When burritos are outlawed, only outlaws will have burritos.
0 Replies