Help... Bisexuality questions

vrose

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 05:45 pm
Hi. I'm a fifteen year old female. Up until a few months ago, I was solid in my straight sexuality. Lately, I keep noticing how hot both women and men are. I have felt romantically attracted to both genders. I also have fantasied about having a romantic relationship with my female best friend as well as my male best friend. I honestly want to identify myself as Bisexual, but I'm not sure. Am I Bi?
If I were to come out as Bi, my parents would flip... We live in a strict Catholic household. Which means I would be a sin and would be going to Hell...
What do I do??? It feels hopeless. Especially when there is very few people I can talk to about this.

mystikmind

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 07:13 pm
@vrose,
What you describe is quite normal for ALLOT of women.

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 07:23 pm
@vrose,
Well vrose, one day you won't live with mommy and daddy and will be an adult on your own, and can do what you want.

Side note, you're not going to hell for this. That's total BS.
0 Replies

Jewels Vern

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2019 07:32 pm
By the time you are old enough to vote, this will all be forgotten.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 11:38 am
@vrose,
Having a teen I can understand this. It is "normal" to feel this way. Remember that you because of your age - your hormones are going crazy. You may or may not be bisexual. It could be simply "normal" hormones so don't panic and think because you are right now attracted to girls sometimes that you may be bisexual - it could be just you are a teenager.

That being said as you get older you will figure it out. Meaning you might or might not be bisexual - the reason I put "normal" in quotes is that normal can be subjective.

Right now you don't in a sense have to decide - you are learning and discovering who you are. As you develop into a mature adult you will be in a position to decide exactly how you feel. At that point I think it is better to put a label on how you feel you are - straight, bisexual, etc. Also at that point you will be an adult and better prepared to discuss your preference to your family.
jespah

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2019 11:45 am
@Linkat,
To add to what Linkat said - you may be feeling some pressure to decide on what you're going to be, for life.

You don't have to make that decision. Not now and not ever. Seriously.

You're allowed to not have this sexuality bit all clamped down and decided even when you're 100.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2019 03:32 am
@vrose,
But wouldn’t they flip if they knew you were having sex with a guy? You did say yours was a strict Catholic household, right?

Sexuality and your preferences for a romantic partner may change in your youth and/or may change when you older, as well. In time this will sort out so don’t be too concerned right now. You may want to not have a discussion with your parents at this point, especially in view of their desires towards religion etc.
0 Replies

Olhakkk

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:33 am
@vrose,
First you have to try with both genders.
You can't say anythink just because of your dreams.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 9 Jun, 2019 03:49 am
@Olhakkk,
She's 15!

She doesn't have to do anything.
0 Replies

LovelyandTrying

Reply Tue 30 Jul, 2019 02:00 pm
@vrose,
Hi there! I know where you’re coming from. I am a teenage girl in high school, and I’ve always found male genders attractive, until, while still finding male peoples attractive, also fell hopelessly in love with my female best friend. At first I freaked out, worrying about my family’s reaction and how my friends would react.
I told my friends how I was feeling, and they accepted me with open arms. A few months later I told my mom, and she seemed okay with it, and hasn’t brought it up since.
You don’t have to come out to anyone if you don’t feel totally comfortable with doing so. Remember, these kinds of things I take time, and you shouldn’t feel rushed or anything.
If you feel like you’re bisexual, then so be it, because that’s you, and it’s you being yourself.
It’s totally okay to feel any sort of way you feel.
0 Replies