Misti26

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 09:57 pm
"...And since to look at things in bloom
Fifty springs are little room,
About the woodlands I will go
To see the cherry hung with snow..."

(A. E. Housman "Loveliest of Trees")

Spring

After a particularly long and snowy winter, we have been blessed with beautiful April weather. The grass, once winter-brown springs green again and tulips and daffodils, that broke through the nearly frozen ground weeks ago, now bask in the brilliant springtime sun.

We are reminded again that seasons pass and nothing is so certain in this world as change. As summer approaches we realize that spring, with all its capricious and finicky ways, is but a short interlude between the harsh, raging winds and dreariness of winter and the stifling humidity and heat of summer. On these beautiful, breezy, spring days, it is so hard to sit here and work when I know that just outside the door a joyous revolution of renewal and rebirth is taking place. And, knowing that spring is only with us for a short time makes it all the more precious.

While spring continues its short reign we should all stop and remember that each of us has only a short pass upon this earth. This short time we are given gives us limited opportunity for us to enjoy the dazzling beauty that only nature can create. What man-made thing could ever equal the beauty of sapphire-blue spring sky filled with fluffy white castles of clouds? What painting or thing made by the hand of man could ever equal the beauty of that first spring flower which once seemingly dead us now so beautifully reborn?

The sounds of children, long silenced by blankets of snow and howling winter winds, now playing again in warmth of spring, the feel and smell of fresh, warm spring breezes, and the knowledge that spring seems the shortest of all seasons, remind me how important it is to take the time to enjoy the stage that spring has set before it is gone forever.

The trees, just hours ago it seems, stood barren and lifeless. Now, they are adorned with the refulgent green of newborn leaves dancing in the springtime breeze. I'm astonished, once again, at how quickly time passes. It seems to me just a few days ago, I was walking under the nitrogen-blue skies of autumn and marveling at the bounty of vibrant reds, oranges, and yellows emblazoning the trees as they prepared to slip into a deep sleep to hide from the long, dark winter. As each season comes and goes, I realize how precious each moment of my life is.

It is my hope that all of you who live in the northern hemisphere of our world, will remember that once this season has passed, we will never have the chance to go back and relive it again. Take time to enjoy this beautiful spring with your friends, families, and loved ones. Remember the precious gift of life and celebrate its rebirth this spring. Enjoy the wonders of nature and the beauty she paints. And, remember: You will never have another chance to live this moment, this day, or this season again. Enjoy this beautiful spring before it is gone.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. And, today? Today is a gift. That's why we call it the present." (Babatunde Olatunji)

Tell us what you think! Please Email Us!

http://thundercloud.net/infoave/spring-rant.htm
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 621 • Replies: 4
No top replies

littlek

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:14 pm
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

~ Robert Frost

I'm already missing spring and it's not over yet.
0 Replies

J-B

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:54 pm
Spring is everywhere! I love it!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:59 pm
Yes, Spring is the BEST[/i] season ... no two ways about it! It is a renewal of hope, spirit and enthusiasm. Spring is eternal, it is our light in the darkest of nights ... it is excitement!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:17 pm
It's not eternal - it's fleeting. It's always way too short-lived for me. But, the thought of spring does get me through the winter.
0 Replies