Unhappy with bad haircut

Reyn

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 10:13 pm
All in the name of hair. Think I'll just shave mine off! Rolling Eyes

Unhappy customer robs hairstylist, uses money to get haircut at another salon
at 17:01 on April 21, 2005, EST.

RICHLAND, Wash. (AP) - A woman apparently dissatisfied with a haircut robbed a hair salon at gunpoint, shot at her stylist's car, then used part of the money to pay for a trim at another shop, police said.

Julie Anderson, 48, was booked for investigation of first-degree robbery and second-degree malicious mischief. Employees told police the woman showed up Wednesday at Stage 1, a salon she had patronized for years, and asked to speak with her regular stylist, who was not in, police Capt. Mike Cobb said.

The woman waited in the parking lot and pulled a gun on the stylist when she arrived. She then walked back into the salon and demanded $100.

Employees gave her the money, then locked the door after she left and called police.

The woman got into her car and started to drive away but stopped, got out and fired at least one round into the back window of the stylist's car, Cobb said. She then threw the gun through the shattered glass and fled, he said.

She was arrested about 45 minutes later as she left another hair salon nearby.

The woman paid with a $20 bill, apparently from Stage 1, and then walked out to her car, where she was arrested, Cobb said. The woman told stylists she had received a bad hair cut some time ago.

"She said she was a dissatisfied customer," Cobb said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 954 • Replies: 16
No top replies

eoe

Reply Thu 21 Apr, 2005 10:19 pm
I can remember feeling just like that after shelling out big money on a haircut that was great in the salon but impossible to maintain on my own. By the second week of struggling with it, I wanted to load my pistol too.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:20 am
I'm sure that you were glad, after thinking about it, that you didn't actually act on your wishes. :wink:

Better just not to patronize the business in the future, and pass on your experience to others.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:31 am
When I pay a lot for a haircut I expect a great cut. I won't leave until I am happy.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:40 am
Hey, speaking of hair...anyone try that Brilliant Brunette (or blonde, or redhead) shampoo and conditioner by John Frieda? If not YOU MUST. It is absolutely the best I have ever used and it is only 5 bucks a bottle. And you can get it at Target. It made my hair softer and shinier than it has ever been. And that was after 2 days. It is a miracle. I swear it. I've been using it for a week and yesterday at my dentist appointment, my hygienist commented on my hair, whether it was naturally that color or if I colored it. It is au natural and apparently, the shampoo is doing it's job. It is suppose to give hair depth and all that jazz....cool.

Just wanted to pass that on. Very Happy
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:52 am
Bella Dea wrote:
When I pay a lot for a haircut I expect a great cut. I won't leave until I am happy.

That's the point. You're happy as all get out when you leave because your hair looks great. But when it's time to pull out the appliances and do it yourself, you can't duplicate what your stylist did. That's when you get pissed and there's no refund or redo or re-anything at that point.
grrrrr......
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:07 am
eoe wrote:
Bella Dea wrote:

That's the point. You're happy as all get out when you leave because your hair looks great. But when it's time to pull out the appliances and do it yourself, you can't duplicate what your stylist did. That's when you get pissed and there's no refund or redo or re-anything at that point.
grrrrr......

I guess I've always been very lucky. I specify that I want something simple. A 15 minute hairstyle. And I've been lucky to get it.

I have walked out of cheaper places with a bad haircut. But for $20 you get what you pay for and I couldn't complain.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 09:12 am
Oh, I've been angry enough to kill a stylist. Several times. Not that the cut was bad, but IT WASN'T WHAT I SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR!!!

I've had it with uppity high-end stylists who think they know more about what's right for me than I do. For the last fifteen years or so, I've gone to a woman who owns her own (small) salon who listens to me. And I've always been happy. After all, it's MY hair, and MY money. Right?

Once I walked out of a salon in mid-cut. The la-di-dah stylist/owner left me sitting in the chair for 15 minutes while he wandered around the salon giving directions to all the other stylists. I casually picked up a comb and began running it through my hair to see how the cut moved, and he threw a hissy fit. He came running back to my chair and literally slapped the comb out of my hand! The nerve of me, touching my own hair!!!

Well!

Needless to say, I got up, threw off the cape, picked up my purse and left. Not only did I not pay them, but I stopped to tell the customers in the waiting area how bad they were. Look at my hair, I said! (It did look pretty awful mid-cut.) They all decided to leave. And several outside on the sidewalk, coming in the door, too. They also turned around and left. Then I told everyone I saw for the next week. I know a LOT of people. They're very lucky I decided not to take out an ad. I happened to have a free radio spot at the time, and I could've REALLY hurt their business.

(Don't mess with somebody in public relations.)
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 09:19 am
Steve Hartman of 60 minutes just did a hair thing in NYC.He paid some bg bucks for what amounted to some pretty good hair foolery.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:28 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Hey, speaking of hair...anyone try that Brilliant Brunette (or blonde, or redhead) shampoo and conditioner by John Frieda? If not YOU MUST. It is absolutely the best I have ever used and it is only 5 bucks a bottle. And you can get it at Target. It made my hair softer and shinier than it has ever been. And that was after 2 days. It is a miracle. I swear it. I've been using it for a week and yesterday at my dentist appointment, my hygienist commented on my hair, whether it was naturally that color or if I colored it. It is au natural and apparently, the shampoo is doing it's job. It is suppose to give hair depth and all that jazz....cool.

Just wanted to pass that on. Very Happy

I wonder what the long term effects would be?? Twisted Evil

Laughing
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:09 am
Intrepid wrote:

I wonder what the long term effects would be?? Twisted Evil

Laughing

Question
Of what?
0 Replies

Synonymph

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:16 pm
Bella Dea wrote:
anyone try that Brilliant Brunette (or blonde, or redhead) shampoo and conditioner by John Frieda? If not YOU MUST. It is absolutely the best I have ever used and it is only 5 bucks a bottle. And you can get it at Target. It made my hair softer and shinier than it has ever been. And that was after 2 days. It is a miracle. I swear it. I've been using it for a week and yesterday at my dentist appointment, my hygienist commented on my hair, whether it was naturally that color or if I colored it. It is au natural and apparently, the shampoo is doing it's job. It is suppose to give hair depth and all that jazz....cool.

I have the Brilliant Red. It smells delicious...made with extracts of wild strawberry and ginger.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:23 pm
Bello Dona never cuts her hair.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:24 pm
ever
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 02:24 pm
ever
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 04:18 pm
Bad haircuts? You people get bad haircuts? You people have HAIR!? I want to talk to my lawyer.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 08:30 pm
Yeah I think I am too chatty in the wrong way.In order to keep the conversation going barbers are over cutting my locks.Better keep quite and say just a trim and then it would' not be so bad.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Unhappy with bad haircut
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/24/2024 at 05:57:08