How far in the hole are you?

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 09:35 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Craven, what do you mean by your score being lower because average age of accounts is over three years?

Sorry, I meant under.

dlowan wrote:
Craven de Kere wrote:
(using financial software changed my life, I highly recommend that anyone not using financial software do so).

Any chance of you saying how and why?

squinney answered this a bit, but to expound in the most simple way:

Just using the software will mean you think about finances more. And any financial software worth its salt will provide you with more data than you previously had.

More data = better ability to make decisions.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:08 am
No debt for me. I pay my credit card bills when I receive them so I have never paid any interest either. No student loans, no mortgage, no car loans, nothing. I never really thought about it before but I guess I'm used to buying or doing something only if I actually have the money right then to do it. Of course when I buy a house, it will be a shock to the system.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 01:10 pm
I charge everything I can and then pay the entire balance when the bill comes. That lets my money work for me for an additional 30 days or more. Some months have been kind of tough to zero out, but I always do it. I also pay extra onto my mortgage principal every month and will hopefully pay off our house in another 10 years - concurrent to when my youngest daughter graduates from college. An then... I hope to sell, move somewhere warmer and less expensive, and live comfortably for many years.
0 Replies