I Think I Could Beat Up a Zombie....

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:22 pm
Why are people always so afraid of zombies in movies? In real life a zombie would be such a wuss. They are decaying, unintelligent, and often unresponsive. That makes them just plain weaker than regular people.

Rotting in the ground for several years does NOT make you stronger. Plus, zombies aren't even smart enough to use tools, like weapons, so they only have their fists to use against you, unless you're stupid enough to let them bite you. It would take quite a lot of them to overpower you. When Iwatch those movies, that's all I can think about. Why are you running you coward?

You know what's way scarier? Skeletons. They get to hold a sword, and they get a bonus to most saving throws.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,669 • Replies: 43
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:26 pm
I find your analysis completely without flaw and quite compelling to boot. I am hereafter no longer fearful of zombies. How bout werewolves? Is this a thread open to lycanthrophobia as well?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:28 pm
Yes, but without a bias for werewolves. There are a plethora of other legitimate lycanthropes.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:30 pm
oh?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:32 pm
I must admit, though, werewolves are heap'n scary.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:34 pm
Zombies are worse than werewolves, because they swarm, you see. Sure, they're stupid and slow, but the thing about them is that they are always hungry, and there is always about a hundred of them chasing your ass.

Werewolves you can plan for. You know the goddammed stages of the moon, and you're fine. But those zombies might pop up anytime. It could be three o'clock on a sunday afternoon, you might be walking through a deserted graveyard, and bam! You're screwed!

Trust me, stay away from zombies, that's my advice.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:44 pm
Hmm, now you too make a clear case . Perhaps, until further definitive data are in, I shall avoid the following

zombies--stupid but en masse, can be a problem

werewolves-fast, bright mean, but avoiding full moon walks unless armed with a P-20 and some silver tipped bullets, is probably a good rule
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:46 pm
kickycan wrote:
Zombies are worse than werewolves, because they swarm, you see. Sure, they're stupid and slow, but the thing about them is that they are always hungry, and there is always about a hundred of them chasing your ass.

Werewolves you can plan for. You know the goddammed stages of the moon, and you're fine. But those zombies might pop up anytime. It could be three o'clock on a sunday afternoon, you might be walking through a deserted graveyard, and bam! You're screwed!

Trust me, stay away from zombies, that's my advice.

Sissy.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:50 pm
He does not make a good case, Farmer. Werewolves are just plain tougher than humans, because even when there is no full moon they are equally as strong as us. So the fact that they only get tougher during a full moon couldn't possibly pull them beneath us.

Look at it this way, who would win, hundreds of zombies, or a single werewolf. Before you answer, keep in mind that zombies are weaker than people, werewolves are stonger than people, and zombies don't know how to shoot silver bullets.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:50 pm
No coates, I would say that kicky is just being cautious. Never can tell , and I understand that complete non-consensual zombification is quite painful
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:51 pm
The problem with zombies is that they just don't stop. Skeletons have the saving throw bonus and all, but once you smash them they stay smashed until their boss reanimates them. Zombies, you can smash 'em, slash 'em, blast 'em but they still keep coming at ya. That, combined with sheer numbers makes 'em pretty damn dangerous.

Lycanthropes a **** scary. All of 'em, all the time.

Best thing is to always carry a chainsaw with a silver tipped chain. That'll deal with all three pretty well.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 06:54 pm
Lets also consider creation. To create a werewolf, one only needs be bitten, and a werewolf can bite as many people as he feels like.

To create a zombie you need years of radioactive material dumped on a graveyard, without anyone noticing and cleaning it up. And then you only get the parent batch.

Or you could make them with powerful, powerful black magic. I would guess it would take at least a dozen angry zulu witchdoctors and shamans to create a single zombie.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:11 pm
That "a werewolf bite makes you a werewolf" idea is just pop culture rubbish. You have to be born a Lycanthrope. You can't be made into one. As far as the undead go, one powerful necromancer can create hundreds and hundreds of skeletons and zombies, all they need are the raw materials.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:12 pm
And, I forgot, how many powerful Necromancers are around nowadays? Yeah, I didn't think so.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:23 pm
Quote:
That "a werewolf bite makes you a werewolf" idea is just pop culture rubbish. You have to be born a Lycanthrope.

I always thought that this was medical science's opinion also
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:24 pm
You're thinking of homosexuality. And the republicans take a completely different stance.
0 Replies

Adrian

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:26 pm
Yeah and it's a recessive gene too, so the chances of passing it on to your offspring aren't very good.

Scoates, just because you haven't met any powerful necromancers lately doesn't mean they aren't out there. I mean where do you think all these skeleton and zombies actually come from?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:27 pm
well, I could out fit a room better than any of the fab five, an Im as strait as y=x+4
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:29 pm
Adrian, Im recalling the most recent zombistic interaction that Ive experienced.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:30 pm
Radiation.

If there were powerful death magic about, I think I'd be the first to sense it.

But, I must admit, skeletons were around before radiation got big... they just weren't as animated.

You reminded me of an old saying. "Lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth doth corrupt, and thieves break through and steal. But lay up for yourself treasures in heaven, where only level seven magic using thieves can break through and steal."
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I Think I Could Beat Up a Zombie....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:59:27