Spelling and Fair Play

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:26 am
Indeed, Miss Lettybettyhettygetty, a consumation devoutly to be desired . . .
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 09:40 am
joefromchicago--

Quote:
My spelling is far superior to anyone else's. I take no notice of your puny spelling mistakes.

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of irony.

Noddy24 wrote:
Misspellings annoy me, patricularly when the poster is also guilty of intellectual arrogance and shallow thinking.

Unfortunately for my ego the irony is cosmic rather than calculated.

Pride goeth before a fall and a haughty spirit before destruction.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 07:59 pm
Geeeeeeeeeeez, dlowan. Wadja meen wee tox funnee? I never got not toffee fer spellin good. Wheredja get ta do thet? Ewe aint herd me talk sew doan bee like that. < Spell check off, tongue almost through my cheek Ouch! That hurts.>

Actually, I get frustrated with constant mispelling and one sentence paragraphs that some use. We all make typos and being dyslexic makes it even more interesting. Actually, I wish I had a "speech check" too, since I'm dyslexic in speaking as well. That keeps Sam grinning, if not laughing her butt off at what I say. Luckily for me, my family and friends are used to it and can usually decode what I've said.

I may say,"I'm a dumb Indian woman, don' know nuthin." But it's always in quotes and definitelyin jest, except when I look outside on a clear night, at the stars. That's when I think of all of the knowledge in the universe and realize how little of it I possess.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:03 pm
In which case, i would quote for you Anatole France: "An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you do know and what you don't."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:17 pm
Setanta wrote:
Now i'll get chewed out when my sweetiepie reads that.

At best.
0 Replies

Wiyaka

Reply Wed 20 Apr, 2005 08:18 pm
Set, another way to put it is "What's important is knowing what's real, what's not and knowing the difference." "Granny" Esmerelda Weatherwax said this in Terry Pratchett's book "Witches Abroad".
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 10:12 am
Setanta
Setanta wrote:
Aunt Bee, if you mean the Panzade incident, i've never really liked him, and although i've tried to be cordial, he seems to have a positive talent for writing stupid things directed at me, and there are times when i simply no longer wish to be cordial about it. Now i'll get chewed out when my sweetiepie reads that.

Setanta, just remember, half of the people you know are below average.

BBB :wink:
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 12:49 pm
The ability to come up with only one spelling per word indicates a severe lack of creativity.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 04:18 pm
Most Elizabethan of you, Brother Ass!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 05:20 pm
My great grandfather was an Osborn(e) with or without the "e", according to his mood.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/22/2024 at 10:04:42