2005 A2K Elections

SCoates

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 06:41 pm
Well, as many of you know, the elections for A2K president are coming up quick. The polls will open on the 4th of may, and only be open for three days. In the mean time, I have been appointed to organize a list of candidates. All nominations welcome. Candidates may nominate themselves. This thread will remain open to discuss current A2K policies. I only ask that the discussions remain civil.

P.S-- I would like to announce my candidacy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 12,726 • Replies: 326
No top replies

ticuvina

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 06:46 pm
Please let us know some requires for the president !! I am a freshman.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 06:49 pm
You don't qualify.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 06:57 pm
Will there be a cap on candidate election donations?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:00 pm
Will there be free beer?
0 Replies

ticuvina

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:04 pm
SCoates wrote:
You don't qualify.

You don't qualify, too Laughing.

I didn't need but can I know requirements?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:04 pm
To answer those two questions in irrespective order: yes, and no.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:07 pm
ticuvina wrote:
You don't qualify, too.

I didn't need but can I know requirements?

The requirements are to speak english well, and have at least seasoned member status (Well, technically I am authorized to make exceptions). Other than that it is just a popularity contest.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:09 pm
No free beer? I'm outa here. Hey, that rhymes!
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:10 pm
What makes you assume there will be no beer? I answered your questions with absolutely no respect for their order, not just in reverse order or something.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:12 pm
oooohhhhh..... how very diplomatic of you.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:12 pm
So, there will be beer but no cap on donations. Assuming that one speaks English well, they might also type the same way :-)
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:15 pm
LOL! You beat me to it. Strange minds think alike I suppose. ;-)

For a week now I've been considering posting this thread called, "Bringing multiparty democracy to A2K". The idea being that, in US politics, everything is so binary, and that spills over into A2K. You're either liberal or conservative, and whatever camp you're in, that's where you're stuck, and loyalty is expected. And if you're not consistently loyal, you must be in the middle (not). In most of Europe, it works differently. Being used to a system of parties that pretty much cover the political spectrum, we're used to differentiate in degrees rather than binary values, and to debate and criticize those of a different persuasion in the same corner of the field as eagerly as those across the field.

My idea had been to kinda bring up possible sets of President/Vice-President candidates from among the A2K posters, and flesh out what really are the political currents that can be distinguished. Like: Blatham and Lola seem to pretty much always be in agreement; Soz and I are too. All four of us are left-wing - but I think we also represent two different orientations altogether. The same perhaps holds true with, I dunno, O'Bill/Lash versus Foxfyre/Tico (let alone Georgeob1). I already came up with a spectrum of candidates ...

Hhmm ... I might still start that thread. This thread is mostly just a lark after all, right, or not? But I'm a bit reticent to post sets of specific names and how I'd categorize them politically, for fear of being untoward ...

<thinking>
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:18 pm
Intrepid wrote:
So, there will be beer but no cap on donations. Assuming that one speaks English well, they might also type the same way :-)

nope... speling is'nt recwird

as long as yu speke well in reel lif

I nominate nimh for president!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:19 pm
I second that nomination!
0 Replies

ticuvina

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:20 pm
Maybe The president has to have so much free time Very Happy
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:27 pm
Well, I nominate Sozobe.

But I suspect that a debate between us could get very boring. ("Yes, that's also a good point, and another thing I think you are right on is ..." Razz)
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:27 pm
what about some waking-around-monet for precinct workers to get out the vote?
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:28 pm
I didn't know girls were allowed to run. But, hey, whatever...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 07:29 pm
Soz and Dag, they should run together.

And then I'll just go back to rioting in the street and preaching anarchist revolution.

Gets me both bases covered.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » 2005 A2K Elections
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 12:44:01