Do you speak up when you see some one being an idiot?

Linkat

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 07:49 am
I can't believe she walks him and lets her dog do that! She deserves being offended. Any case, if you are still trying to be nice, how about thisÂ…if you know when she walks her dog, get a baggie and put it in your pocket. Just happen to be outside when she walks her dog. When the dog takes his dump on your lawn, nicely pull out baggy from your pocket and hand it to her. Say something with a sweet smile on her face like, "Thought you might need this" or "You don't have a bag, oh here I have one." Along those lines.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 08:24 am
Montana wrote:
Thanks for the advice Linkat, but she's always walking the dog when he decides that our yard is a great crapping ground. I was thinking about how to say something without offending her and I know I'll come up with something good.

How about a small sign in a visible spot saying, "Our yard is not a toilet for your dog", or something similar?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 11:29 am
Linkat
That's a good idea. I may just do that. I agree that it's very rude of her to walk her dog on our lane and lets his do his thing where ever, especially when they have a few acres of their own land that she can let him do his business on!

Reyn
That's not a bad idea either, lol!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Fri 22 Apr, 2005 12:20 pm
When we walk our 2 dogs, we stop at empty lots & encourage them to go. When they try to squat at a nice lawn, we hurry them along. We make jokes about, they're holding it until we get to the Dupont's (best lawn in the neighborhood, with nail-clipped bushes). It's up to us to tell them where it's OK to go, and after a while they know an "allowed" spot from a "not-allowed" spot. Seems easy & obvious.

People usually don't dare to be rude to me... I have a special look, even more effective now that I'm in my 40's, which means, "Don't you do it..." Works even for pets (well, my pets).

Mr. Kitten stopped when he saw someone throw empty plastic water jugs out of a parked van into a nice grassy spot. Mr. Kitten said, "Did you throw that?" "No." He asked the other person, "Did you?" "No." Apparently the jugs tossed themselves out of the van.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 23 Apr, 2005 11:11 am
BK
Can you be my neighbor? :-D
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 10:45 am
Teehee! No, WAY too cold for me! I'd even have to make little (OK, big) dog coats.

Maybe she'd be embarrassed enough if you just looked out the window & caught the pup in the act? You could wave & hold up a baggy.

We "steer" our dogs because it would be embarrassing for us to stand there while they pooped in a nice lawn.... I guess other people don't think this way?

Thinking of you, Montana, and your new Lobster Plant job. Hope you have time to let us know how it goes after you start! Best of luck to you... looking forward to lots of Lobster stories.
0 Replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2005 05:49 pm
You know the saying "We don't swim in your toilet, please don't pee in our pool"?

I've even heard on some show "We don't serve fine californian cousine in your lungs, please don't smoke in our restaurant."
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2005 12:24 pm
BK
Thanks for thinking of me <awww shucks>. I'll probably post on occation on Sundays (my only day off) and I'll try to have some good lobster stories for ya ;-)
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 13 May, 2021 12:07 pm
So my most recent "rude" person --- I am in whole foods and this lady is picky up small bags of avocados. As she picks one up she looks at it and then decides she does not like that particular group and proceeds to toss them (enough so that they must be now bruised if they weren't before); she continues to do so with several bags while myself and another woman stare in disbelief.

I finally look at her and say - you know you should not be tossing them - you are bruising them and ruining them for anyone else. She simply looked up at me like I had two heads.

Do people have no concern for others or not consider this akin to stealing?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 11:23:31