Science investigation...

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 12:08 pm
Hi, anyone know how to set out a science investigation? It's investigating the resistance of wires of different diameters...I just need to know what to include (eg prediction, preliminary results table etc) and how to set it out (what order?) thx...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 871 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Bekaboo

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2005 02:27 pm
Ok well you're in England so i can probably actually help - is this GCSE or A-level cos the format's different?

I'm guessing if you're not sure then that means GCSE in which case

4 sections
Plan - explain your title, how you're going to approach the problem, your hypothesis, any preliminaries you did and your method

Observations - a summary table containing your data, units should be in the column head and everything should be to the same number of d.ps

Analysis - Explain what your data shows. Describe any trends, draw graphs and try to explain them scientifically. State whether or not it agrees with your hypothesis

Evaluation - Look at reliability (how close are your results together - any anomalies?), accuracy (do they agree with what they scientificalyl should?), limitations of the practical (anything like inaccurate equipment that makes it harder to get good results) and explain further work that you plan to do

Hope that that helps!!
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Mon 18 Apr, 2005 03:47 am
Thanku very much!!!
0 Replies