the homework cheating industry threatening to destroy culuture and tradition do you agree

Lash

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 10:31 am
@tsarstepan,
I’m around 1000 of them a day and observation is my evidence. There are also articles with statistics that support my statement.

You’re goofy.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 10:39 am
@Lash,
People have always moaned about standards going down. When I did my PGCE the first thing we did was look at a quotation from the 1920s which wasn't that far removed from what you've just said.
Lash

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 11:00 am
@izzythepush,
Smart phones specifically create deficits noticed by teachers.

Research shows our attention span dropped between 2000 and 2017, from twelve seconds down to eight, something that doesn’t surprise UCC professor Tom Butler, a research director at Governance Risk and Compliance Technology Centre. Butler has noticed some students underperforming academically when this wouldn’t have been expected. “Studies have found students who use smartphones can’t write, read, or perform arithmetic as well as students who don’t use smartphones.”

He sees young people getting together with their phones andtexting each other rather than having conversations. “There are reports of decreased ability in university students to express themselves in essays. Something not quite right is going on. These students are intelligent — but something is affecting their ability to express themselves as richly as in a time when they didn’t have a computer in their pocket.”

When students switch attention from what teacher is saying to their device — even if searching for information relevant to the lesson — this is a form of multitasking. And, says Butler, it places a cognitive load on the brain. “This impairs ability to learn effectively. It exhausts the brain.”

——
Just a random article. There are plenty.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.irishexaminer.com/lifestyle/healthandlife/digital-distraction-are-smartphones-dumbing-down-students-457223.html
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 11:11 am
@Lash,
I, too, can toss up the anecdotal evidence: Graduated from Baruch College with mostly Millennial students in my class. Work at a firm that hires many Millennials as associates. We've had several Gen Zers as interns as well.

I socialize with many Millennials during meetups. #shrugs
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 11:22 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

This thread is full of logical fallacies.

1) If someone cheats in an English course... it does not mean that they will cheat in a math or engineering class. It is completely possible to cheat in one place without cheating in another. Human beings are not rule following robots. They make decisions about what is important and where they are personally willing to break the rules.

Last year, I drove a car knowing full well that the registration had expired. This is illegal, I broke the rules. I rationalized that I wasn't hurting anyone (the car belong to me and was safe) and that any risk I was taken was only too me. I was willing to break this rule. On the other hand, I am religious about never parking in a handicap spot. This, in my own personal sense of morality is a much more important rule because it has the possibility of causing harm to someone else. The fact I am willing to break a rule in one place doesn't mean that I will break it elsewhere... we make our own judgments.

2) If someone cheated in high school or college... it does not mean that they will cheat in their adult career. People change, grow and mature over the years. If there aren't things you did in high school that you wouldn't do as an adult, you either had a sad childhood or a pathetic adulthood.

3) If you don't know someone cheated... then you can't possibly judge them for cheating (this is the most ridiculous claim made on this thread so far).

If you don't know someone is a pedophile, you can't possibly judge them either. But eventually such people are exposed....what then? Still can't form an opinion?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 11:25 pm
@glitterbag,
Are you a pedophile, Glitterbag? If you aren't, then I won't judge you for it (unless you are exposed).
glitterbag

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 11:27 pm
@maxdancona,
No, are you? You seem to think cheating on academics is ok as long as no one finds out. What's your story?
maxdancona

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 11:37 pm
@glitterbag,
There is nothing I have written that comes anywhere close to saying that cheating is OK. I am saying that cheating doesn't determine your future. Those are two different things.

I have a successful professional career as an engineer. Whether I cheated in high school well over 30 years ago is now irrelevant.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2019 11:47 pm
@maxdancona,
Well of course, cheating only counts if you get found out.
maxdancona

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2019 12:01 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Well of course, cheating only counts if you get found out.

As true in academics as it is in marriage. Wink

My point is that is you are honest, it is because you believe it is the right thing to do. There may be consequences for cheating or there may not. The best reason not to cheat is your own sense of right and wrong.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2019 04:21 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:

There is nothing I have written that comes anywhere close to saying that cheating is OK. I am saying that cheating doesn't determine your future. Those are two different things.

I have a successful professional career as an engineer. Whether I cheated in high school well over 30 years ago is now irrelevant.

I used to love college Physic classes however we happen to have the worst lab equipments possible so the results of the labs connected to one such
course was mostly far from what they should had been.

I still can remember footnoting the labs with my complains concerning the matter but after a while I just told my lab partner enough was enough and we would work backward from the equations with a normal amount of error put into the results.

We as a result no longer fought with the professor an got A marks in the labs as well as the main course.

Some other lab group however try the same approach but did not know the subject all that well as anyone looking at their paper could tell what they had try to do.

In any case, they was read the riot act in front to the whole class an told they would not only fail the lab part of the course but was limited to a C in the main course.

Funny in a sad way as we had gotten away with doing so not one time but for two semesters.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Tue 26 Feb, 2019 12:53 pm
EleanorPatterson wrote:

College harder than high school, because it throws you into adult life, without parents support. Of course, at the college, you must be smart and use all the help that you need and can get. Like [url]Sh!t site redacted[/url], where you can buy essays or something like that. So, college really harder than high school and students must be strong!

Go to hell spammers!
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2019 07:03 am
@tsarstepan,
Can anyone tell me which is worse?

Spammers (who clearly don't have a proper grasp in English - language and grammar) who come to a2k to peddle their illicit complete essays for sale service?

or

People coming to a2k to ask for free homework help (and I'm not deriding people coming here to ask how to tackle really difficult math or science or ESL questions but those who literally ask for the a2k population to write out the answers (en entirety) to their assignments? Reiterating they're are too cheap to go to the above immoral sites that exist to help people cheat on their school assignments?

And can we place a bet on when our first request for someone at a2k to pull a court ordered community service for the person making the request?
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2019 09:42 am
@tsarstepan,
I don't know, both get short shrift. Most write my essay types just get the piss taken out of them and spammers get deleted v soon.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/27/2024 at 10:35:22