Looking for word that means easily recovered or easily healed. Quickly repairable by design.

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 12:27 pm
Hello, All,

I have been looking for an English word that means possibly "quickly and easily recovered by nature" or possibly "has an inherent ability to bounce back or be repaired, possibly even by design, after damage". I don't mind if the word has connotations of mechanical or even biological nature. As a note I am not looking for a synonym of "robust" or "durable" as that connotes an ability to withstand damage or catastrophic change. Moreover I find the words "resilient" and "adaptable" to also connote imperviousness a bit too much (despite online definitions of resilient describing what I seek). I suppose I am looking for a synonym of elastic or elasticity but one that connotes a sense of repair with ease as opposed to just returning to an original state. However this far, elastic has been the closest in my opinion.

Many Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,204 • Replies: 8

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 04:49 pm
Regenerate
Accountably

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 07:26 pm
@PUNKEY,
Thanks, I thought of regenerative as an adjective, but for my purposes I believe it sounds too much as if the process is automated, happening without catalyst. Same issue with pliant, self curative.
engineer

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 08:57 pm
@Accountably,
Robust
Glennn

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2019 09:06 pm
Resilient.
Accountably

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 09:28 am
@engineer,
Thank you very much. As I have noted in my original post I feel robust kids off a connotation of imperviousness which is not what I want to say
0 Replies

Accountably

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 09:30 am
@Glennn,
Thank you very much. As I noted in my original post while resilient technically is the perfect definition I feel the common connotation is also more toward imperviousness.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2019 10:12 am
Rebound

Perennial

0 Replies

Pamela Rosa

Reply Sun 3 Feb, 2019 05:10 pm

Homeostatic
0 Replies