Your Most Favorite Elvis Song

Bram

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 03:33 pm
It is said that there are 739 officially released songs of Elvis. And if you count remixes, that number could go up to 1,000. If Elvis had lived, he would have sung 3,000 songs by now.

I am curious to know if there are any Elvis fans in this forum, and what would be your most favorite song of Elvis. I know it is very difficult to choose just one, however I think it would be interesting to know "the song" from his fans.

If you are not an Elvis fan, would you care to tell us your most favorite song also?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,864 • Replies: 40
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:05 pm
I am a longtime Elvis fan. I like so many of them I can't choose a favorite. Here are a few faves.

I Want You I Need You I Love You
I Was the One
Lawdy Miss Clawdy
Such a Night
Like a Baby
Reconsider Baby
King Creole
One Night With You
It's Now or Never
Are You Lonesome Tonight
Don't
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:17 pm
Nice to hear from you, Edgar. You are right, I know it is almost impossible to choose just one song.

My favorites are:

Just Pretend (most favorite at the moment Laughing )
Polk Salad Annie
Little Sister
Moody Blue
You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
Are You Lonesome Tonight
I, John
If I May Dream
You've Given Me A Mountain

By the way, I only recently discovered Just Pretend through the DVD "Elvis The Way It Is - Special Edition". Can't find it in any CD in the stores! Frustrating!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:19 pm
What year did he sing it? There are two collections spanning the 1950s and the 1960s. Expensive, but it includes everything for those years.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:22 pm
I sing karaoke and my "signature" song is Can't Help Falling in Love. It's my favorite not just for myself but for the way it affects other people. More couples get up to dance for that song over any others.
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:24 pm
I would have to check back in the DVD. It was a concert, and he said that he just did a "country" record. The DVD was made from footage that they found. I found a site with that song's lyrics and some pics of the concert, I will search for it and post it here.
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:32 pm
Elvis - That's The Way It Is (Special Edition) documents Presley at his peak during the celebrity attended August 1970 Las Vegas concert series and reveals a seldom-seen personal side of the "King of Rock 'n' Roll." Rare, behind-the-scenes footage shows Elvis interacting with the TCB Band, his back-up singers - the Sweet Inspirations and The Imperials - as well as his off-stage antics, such as ripping his pants, falling off a chair and joking around with the Memphis Mafia. The 97-minute concert film is comprised of 40 percent new material, also includes 10 never-before-seen musical numbers highlighted by a spur-of-the-moment yodel, and nine songs from his concert performances. Among them is a version of "Love Me Tender," during which he walks through the audience - something he did only during this concert series.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:32 pm
Crawfish - from King Creole circa 1958
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:41 pm
Here is the link:

http://www.anelvisfan2001.com/justpretend.html

Thanks Bob, that's the DVD. What is your favorite song, btw?
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:46 pm
"Little Sister" or "Return to Sender." I mean, I could say "Blue Suede Shoes," but Carl Perkins was there first and did it better.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:52 pm
tie between Too Much and Peace in the Valley
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 04:52 pm
Oh, Bob, I just saw your post. Yeah, I like that one too. You sing only Elvis songs, I hope?

I like Return to Sender, too. Was deliberating whether to put it on the list before. Embarrassed
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 05:35 pm
a small tip, bram,
make this thread here a poll, you call the shots with your top ten, and then you'll know which song's the best next to "It's now or never"
Jes my 2cents...
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 05:56 pm
Can't help falling in love is my signature song because I like to sing it more than any other song. But I also sing Frank Sinatra, Willie Nelson, Roy Orbison, Engelbert Humperdinck, Joe Cocker, Neil Diamond, and many others.
0 Replies

bigdice67

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:15 pm
You the man, bob, you the man!
0 Replies

bri 1

Reply Mon 11 Apr, 2005 07:34 pm
yay
hey people im 13 and i LOVE "way down" its soooo fun to sing and really hard to sing 2 on sing star coz elvis has amazing notes
0 Replies

bri 1

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 01:07 am
my FAVOURITE elvis Cool song is "way down" its crazy fun 2 sing but really hard 2 get the same notes as elvis as most people would agree
does anyone else like way down Cool
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 01:29 am
Don't know that one bri.

I like every song on his first album , a collection called the Sun Years. A remarkable fusing of blues, bluegrass and rock & roll.
Some of my later favorites are Suspicion, later a big hit for Terry Stafford and T-R-O-U-B-L-E a # 1 hit for Travis Tritt.
Also Suspicious Minds and Viva Las Vegas.
Oh, and an obscure one called Trying To Get To You
0 Replies

bobsmythhawk

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 04:53 am
Way Down

( Layng Martine, jr)

sung by Elvis Presley

Babe, you're getting closer
The lights are goin' dim
The sound of your breathin'
Has made the mood I'm in
All of my resistance
Is lying on the floor
Taking me to places
I've never been before

Ooh, and I can feel it,
Feel it, feel it, feel it

Way down where the music plays
Way down like a tidal wave
Way down where the fires blaze
Way down, down, way, way on down

Ooh, my head is spinnin'
You got me in your spell,
A hundred magic fingers
On a whirling carousel
The medicine within me
No doctor could prescribe
Your love is doing something
That I just can't describe

Ooh, and I can feel it,
Feel it, feel it, feel it

Way down where the music plays
Way down like a tidal wave
Way down where the fires blaze

Hold me again,
Tight as you can
I need you so,
Baby, let's go

Way down where it feels so good
Way down where I hoped it would
Way down where I never could
0 Replies

Bram

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 03:38 pm
Hi Bri, I live way up near the North Pole, but I do like Way Down too.

Bob, oh boy, Engelbert, Neil Diamond ... Kenny Rogers maybe?

Panzade, I like Suspicious Minds too.

Bigdice, I like It's Now or Never too. Boy, is there any song of Elvis that I don't like? A poll is a nice idea, but I would be missing on all this talk about Elvis, Elvis and Elvis. Laughing

Recently, they have re-released some really old songs (like you said the Sun Years). I find it strange that nobody likes Jailhouse Rock and Hound Dog, songs that were often sung by Elvis. Another favorite of mine is That's All Right, Mama, which he sang often too.

Anyone else?
0 Replies