Great and terrible concepts in advertising.

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 01:18 pm
squinney wrote:
Uh, please do not show me any body fluids in ads!

Oh, yeah, Mountain Dew has had some clever ones. It was Mt. Dew that did the one of the guy picking up the girl for a date, going around to his side to get into the car and "farting" only to show it was a childs toy he sat on, right? Was that Mt. Dew?

I guess in a mild humor way, bodily functions can be good. But, gotta be careful, IMO.

Europe has THE funniest tv commercials. I'm guessing this one is from Europe, at least. Saw it online. Guy goes and picks up his date at the door, walks her to the car. She gets in and farts before he gets around to his door. When he gets in, he says "ready to go?" while turning around and looking at his parents in the backseat.

Another one was an anti-woman battering series of commercials, which showed guys flipping out and beating women. Not that beating women in real life is funny, but these commercials were unintentionally funny as hell. They were from Europe.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:09 pm
boomerang wrote:
Like the one of the two guys driving around who pick up the old chair at the side of the curb and it stinks and they toss it out -- I remember the ad but not the product it was trying to sell.

Volkswagon.

Gotta remember demographics, as well. Mrs. Drew and I joke about that; how one or both of us will be mesmerized by a commercial. "Must have been in the target demo for that one!"

Funny commercial; bad advertising: "That's a spicy meat-a-ball!" Everyone thought it was a Ragu commercial....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:10 pm
Good advertising, bad commercials: "Plop-plop, fizz-fizz, O what a relief it is!"
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 7 Apr, 2005 03:14 pm
I HATE those Pepto Bismol commercials where they are singing the song and dancing while holding their stomach and then butt...

gross. I know what it is for. You don't need to remind me.
0 Replies