N64 set-up instructions

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 06:22 pm
hi i just recently got out my N64.I REALLY want to play it again but im not sure how to hook it up for 1) i have a surround sound system and a dvd player and a VCR and their all hooked everywhere even in the back of the tv. i tried hooking it into my dvd player and my VCR but seems nothing is working. and im not sure where to put the yellow, red, and white hook-ups. and 2) i lost my instructions manual. please someone help me.
Happyfeet
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 7,612 • Replies: 6
No top replies

SCoates

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 07:10 pm
I actually helped design the set-up. First off, the red, yellow, and white cords are faulty, so just throw them away. Then you'll need to head to a local pawn shop, and ask for a DVD conversion cord. The guy should know exactly what you mean, and you can pick it up for about $2. You'll be able to tell exactly how it should fit in once you get it home.
0 Replies

happyfeet06

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:48 pm
thank you
thank you so much
0 Replies

happyfeet06

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:48 pm
thank you
thank you so much
0 Replies

YVO

Reply Tue 31 Jul, 2007 06:23 pm
N64 Set - up problems
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!

I bought an N64 a few days ago and i'm not sure how to set it up...
I've fixed everything correctly exept for one wire. It's circular with a little dot in the middle, if you know what I mean. The only place it fits is in the socket for the aerial, but it still does not work...
Am I missing something??

Any help would be much appreciated!
0 Replies

Youngy17

Reply Fri 7 Dec, 2007 01:35 pm
Re: N64 Set - up problems
YVO wrote:
PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP!

I bought an N64 a few days ago and i'm not sure how to set it up...
I've fixed everything correctly exept for one wire. It's circular with a little dot in the middle, if you know what I mean. The only place it fits is in the socket for the aerial, but it still does not work...
Am I missing something??

Any help would be much appreciated!

i have got exactly the same problem!
FlynnLives

Reply Tue 12 Jul, 2011 03:29 pm
@Youngy17,
Had exactly the same problem as the two above, just solved it after much trial and error. Rig the aerial cable into the back of the tv. From here you'll need to manually tune your tv until you find the correct channel. On my Panasonic Viera it was 36. Once you've found it, you can store it on your VCR channel (O) and it should (fingers crossed) default to the correct channel for play when you press O on your remote contol. I really hope this helps, sorry if it's not what you were looking for.
0 Replies