Suicide by sabotaging your own parachute. Hmmmm

Don1

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:44 am
Stephen Hilder aged 20 was killed last year when he jumped from a plane at 13000ft and his parachute failed to open, he then tried to deploy his reserve chute and that failed to open, he hit the ground at 120 miles per hour and died instantly.

Both his chute lines had been cut and for twelve months the police have been trying to find his murderer without success, so their new theory is that he must have committed suicide by sabotaging his own chutes.

I've heard some pretty unlikely theories and this is up there with the best.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/printFriendly/0,,1-2-1531306-2,00.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 586 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:29 am
Well, such happened a couple of times the last few years here in Germany - the most prominent was the liberal party leader Möllemann (a short time later a letter was found, where he announced such - but the 'myth' is still there).
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:23 pm
If he wanted to die, why did he pull the cord to open it? Why not just plummet straight down?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 12:48 pm
Maybe the insurance pays better if it's an accident? If he had insurance, I mean.
0 Replies

Crazielady420

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 01:03 pm
Maybe the murderer wanted to make it look like he plotted to make it look like murder!! Hmm...
0 Replies

Don1

Reply Tue 5 Apr, 2005 01:08 am
roger wrote:
Maybe the insurance pays better if it's an accident? If he had insurance, I mean.

Since his chute lines were cut the one thing it cant be is an accident if he cut the lines himself it's suicide and if someone else cut them it's murder.

I've heard of double indemnity insurance, but I cant see there being a policy which pays more if you are murdered Confused
0 Replies