There's a spider in my cupboard

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:33 am
How 'bout tarantulas?

I used to hold 'em when I worked at the zoo -- people could pet their abdomens. A toddler came by and went pet-pet-SQUOOSH. Tarantula scampered up me and got tangled in my hair. :-D

(I got him out, no harm done.)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:36 am
sozobe wrote:
How 'bout tarantulas?

I used to hold 'em when I worked at the zoo -- people could pet their abdomens. A toddler came by and went pet-pet-SQUOOSH. Tarantula scampered up me and got tangled in my hair. :-D

(I got him out, no harm done.)

Shocked I would have been dead because my heart would have exploded. Shocked
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:39 am
Hee hee!

With that particular kind, even if he'd bit me it would have been equivalent to a bee sting. But he didn't even bite me. Nice of him.

I was stalking a fly the other day and sozlet said, "hey, be nice to flies!" I said no, it's be nice to spiders, 'cause they EAT flies. She said oh and helped me stalk it.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:39 am
Bella
LOL, you're just like me. I've gotten a few with hairspray and whatever I can get my hands on. They creep me out as bad as they do you.

Soz
Now you've got my hair standing on end and shivers going up my spine. Good lord, girl!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:41 am
I don't mind flies as long as they are not the biting kind. My cat catches them and eats them, which I think is gross because she licks my face, lol.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:52 am
She licks her butt too, and I would be more grossed out by that if I were you! Shocked Laughing :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:55 am
True Laughing Shocked
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:00 am
Montana & Bella...I will be happy to come to your houses and squish your spiders for you. It's no big deal to me at all. Just promise me there are no flying, buzzing bugs around. I go cold all over at the mere thought of a wasp or a bee. Ooh, just gave myself a chill....
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:04 am
Well, where I grew up we had spiders and cockroaches. I've had a fondness for the function of spiders (though they still creap me out) ever since.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:09 am
Thanks Eva! We don't have a lot of flying bugs here....except June bugs in summer. And bees. We do have a lot of bees in summer....but I will protect you from the bees if you protect me from the spiders.... just can't get stung. I am allergic to bees. Shocked
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 10:16 am
Eva wrote:
Montana & Bella...I will be happy to come to your houses and squish your spiders for you. It's no big deal to me at all. Just promise me there are no flying, buzzing bugs around. I go cold all over at the mere thought of a wasp or a bee. Ooh, just gave myself a chill....

How totally awesome is that :-D You bet I'll keep those pesky flying bugs away from you, girl. No sweat ;-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:21 am
I'm allergic to bees, wasps and hornets. I carry a auto-injector of epinephrine with me from April to November.

One of the high moments of romance in my life was when a wasp got tangled in my hair and a gallant gentleman apporached and grasped the critter between his thumb and forefinger, removed it and squashed it.

Not all knights wear shining armor.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:23 am
They don't bother you, M?! Cool! Then we should move in together! I can just see it now...."Eva & Montana's House of Neuroses." Laughing

Noddy, romance at the point of life-threatening danger is always the most memorable kind. At least, for the survivor. :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:23 am
What a sweet guy :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:26 am
LOL, Eva. No, I'm not bothered by bee's at all. They are all around me all summer long when I'm in my garden and since I don't bother them, they don't bother me. My mom is petrified of them though.

We would make great roomies, wouldn't we? :-D
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 01:58 pm
<nodding> I think so! Just as long as you don't expect me to clean. I'm extremely neat, but I don't like to clean.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 02:17 pm
Oh oh!!! We just ran into our first problem, but have no fear because I have a solution. We hire someone to clean :-D
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 07:35 pm
i'm a cleaning freak. and am not particularly disturbed by bugs or spiders. i'll clean for food.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 07:38 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
i'm a cleaning freak. and am not particularly disturbed by bugs or spiders. i'll clean for food.

Ooohhoooo! Reeeeallly.....? Would I have to cook meat?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 11:28 pm
dagmaraka wrote:

You've got a deal :-D
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 06/18/2024 at 06:06:05