There's a spider in my cupboard

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:19 am
I'm cleaning out my kitchen cabinets today. Just as I had almost everything out of one of them, I see a giant spider. It's still there. We looked at each other and now it's just a standoff. I don't want to kill it, and it doesn't want to move. I can't throw away that 2 year-old half-empty box of bulgar wheat until it does. Oh what to do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,445 • Replies: 80
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:37 am
Wow! freeDuck. Is it poisonous? If not, try trapping it. I once put a glass over a huge spider and then slipping a piece of cardboard under the glass, was able to get the thing trapped and tossed outside. Not a task for the timid.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:41 am
In our house, this is what would happen: BigDice sees the spider, yells 'Urs!!! Get that spider!'. I take a glass or something, trap the thing and throw it outside.

OR...

... the cats are faster and eat it :-)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:46 am
Ah, the cats won't be able to get it in there -- too bad. I don't think it's poisonous. It's a long-legged type and is probably killing all of the moths and other bugs that were in there. It might be dying because it didn't even move when I almost touched it by accident.

Maybe I will try trapping it.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:59 am
Urs, that is funneeeeee. My word, I thought that cats only ate lizards.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:01 pm
I wouldn't know about lizards, Letty. There are no lizards in our apartment (thank God!)

Trap it, FreeDuck! :-)
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:06 pm
Oh, and it looks very funny when the cats eat long-legged insects - legs hanging out of their mouths...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:12 pm
I used to have a dog who caught and crunched June bugs.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:19 pm
Yikes, Noddy. Those things have sticky legs. <shiver>

Urs, those cats will often eat anything. My niece and I used to be vigilant about our white persian, Murdoch. He discovered a rabbit warren and was catching the babies. They screamed...really. We became a member of the rabbit patrol.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:22 pm
Letty, our cats don't really act cat-like. They think they are little humans - just a bit hairier... Especially Nisse! I really cannot imagine him catching anything bigger than a fly or a spider :-)
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:25 pm
Ok, I'm a wimp. I'm letting it stay. I reached around and got all of the stuff around it and it sort of crawled off into a corner. With any luck, it will eat the moths.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:27 pm
That's ok, FreeDuck. You are just a good person! And of course it will eat the moths! :-)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 12:59 pm
I fished a spider out of the bathtub--dry bathtub-- this morning. Yesterday I found the first fly of the season in my kitchen and I'm delighted to do my bit to balance nature my way.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 01:29 pm
duck. TWo words, vacuum cleaner.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 01:56 pm
NOOOOOOO!

That is hell.

She has found the way.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 02:00 pm
I believe it, Urs. Gives new meaning to:

Won't you come into my parlor, both the spider and the fly. Razz
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 02:48 pm
farmerman wrote:
duck. TWo words, vacuum cleaner.

Ha ha. I thought of that. The spider was saved by the fact that I'm too lazy to bring it down from upstairs.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 04:26 pm
Is it princess? What color are her eyes? If it's her, I want her back.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:56 pm
ok, ok. Spill that molasses all over it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 05:59 pm
DEBBIE SHRIEKED UNCONTROLLABLY
Quote:
NOOOOOOO!

That is hell.

Coming from a country where every spider can kill you, Im surprised at your laissez faire attitude with these creatures.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » There's a spider in my cupboard
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 01:53:59