There's a spider in my cupboard

Noddy24

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 07:01 pm
Some supposedly "humane" pest control people empty prairie dog burrows with a giant vacuum cleaner.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 09:14 pm
Un huh, but I wonder what it does to their hearing. It's an important sense to a prairie dog. I was chewed out by several just today.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 09:38 pm
I am scared to death of spiders and I could never just leave it there. I would have had the vacuum out at the first sight of it.

It's very nice of you to let it live there and I can only assume that you're not afraid of them :-)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 09:41 pm
urs53 wrote:
Letty, our cats don't really act cat-like. They think they are little humans - just a bit hairier... Especially Nisse! I really cannot imagine him catching anything bigger than a fly or a spider :-)

Hairy little cat-humans that eat bugs..eech And who is the role model here? :-)

My dog picks up snails and crunches them. Maybe I should supply the butter and garlic.

Spiders are our friends.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:01 pm
Montana, I am, sort of, scared of them. They creep me out. If one ever crawled on me I'd probably do the world's most ridiculous dance. But I know that they're not the ones chewing through my bags of pasta and leaving little piles of pasta dust everywhere. So they can stay. Did I mention I found the boyfriend on the second shelf? Yeah, they're quite a pair, and they can stay for now. At least until the next time I clean my cupboard, which could be quite a while.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:02 pm
Well, if she mates with the boyfriend she will probably eat him....then you will only have one :-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 11:12 pm
LOL! Well, at least she'll be busy with the boyfriend and will stay out of your hair ;-)

I have such a fear of them that I couldn't even live with knowing they're there. Just thinking of spiders gives me the shivers.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:23 am
Two words: upside-down glass.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:31 am
uhm, if she and her beau meet and get right to it, you'll have not two, but two hundred hairy spiders in the cupboard. and everywhere else. Ever seen a litter of one spider? hundreds i tell ya, hundreds! do not leave both of them there unattended. at least assign a chaperon to keep an eye on them.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:34 am
dagmaraka wrote:
uhm, if she and her beau meet and get right to it, you'll have not two, but two hundred hairy spiders in the cupboard. and everywhere else. Ever seen a litter of one spider? hundreds i tell ya, hundreds! do not leave both of them there unattended. at least assign a chaperon to keep an eye on them.

Shocked Damn good point, Dag Shocked
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:45 am
Well, so much for romance.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 12:48 am
sorry.
may lord bless and keep spiders....far away from us!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 01:09 am
Well, I just believe in life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness - whether it's pursued on two, four, or eight legs.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 02:03 am
I believe in life as well, but I have to draw the line at spiders.
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Sun 3 Apr, 2005 11:45 am
Intrepid wrote:
urs53 wrote:
Letty, our cats don't really act cat-like. They think they are little humans - just a bit hairier... Especially Nisse! I really cannot imagine him catching anything bigger than a fly or a spider :-)

Hairy little cat-humans that eat bugs..eech And who is the role model here? :-)

My dog picks up snails and crunches them. Maybe I should supply the butter and garlic.

Spiders are our friends.

Uhm, role model? Never thought about that... Good point, Intrepid! I will watch both us real humans...
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:08 am
Wow. There sure are a lot of people who save spiders. I just smash them all!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:10 am
Yep, except I get other people to smash them.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:10 am
http://www.fiona.co.jp/images/PICTURE_BOOK/KINDERGARTEN/MINI_KINDERGARTEN/MINI_BE_NICE_TO_SPIDERS.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:19 am
I'm actually very nice to the ones I don't see. Those are the smart ones ;-)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 4 Apr, 2005 09:30 am
Spiders are from the devil. Shocked <<Shiver>>

I am petrified of them....and they know it... so they toy with me.

They sit perfectly still while I am looking at them, trying to decide the best method for killing them at a safe distance (at least 10 feet) Then as soon as I glance away, they take off and I am forced to send the room into lock-down until I feel that perhaps, it has died. I am NOT in the room of course. Shocked

The best spider story I have (all you spider lovers are gonna love me for this....) was in college. My roommate always killed them for me because I literally freeze and panic at the sight of a spider. (Then, at first safe opportunity, run) She wasn't home at this time and I saw him there, in the shower. Waiting for me. Well, I can't get close enough to one to smack it and squish it. And throwing something at it is dangerous if you miss. They come right at you then and it's a race to get out of the room the fastest, spider right at my heels. So, what could I do???? I couldn't leave it there...it would find my room and....I couldn't think about that.... I got an ingenious plan. My roommate was working on a project for a class and had bought some of that Elmers spray glue. So, I went to get it. And I opened, pointed, aimed and glued that little sucker right to the wall!

It stayed there until my roommate got home. I didn't want to touch it in case it was still alive somehow.

That, is how I feel about spiders. Shocked Confused
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 06/14/2024 at 10:11:23