I have a burning sensation on my left upper back area but there is nothing there!

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 01:48 pm
So it's been about 2 weeks since I've been dealing with this. It feels like a burn patch or a cat scratch that never healed. When I asked my husband to take a look at the spot there was absolutely nothing there. I know I should see a doctor but I work a lot and if its not urgent then I really can't take time off. I feel it the most when I'm wearing heavy shirts or jackets, especially when I'm driving. The material rubs up against it and makes it feel very raw. (It's that very raw feeling like after getting a tattoo and you peel off the plastic wrap). And it's extremely sensitive to touch. It definitely feels as if it's on the surface which is why I presumed it was a burn or a scratch. But at the same time it feels slightly under the skin. So then I wondered is it a pulled muscle? Maybe I pinched a nerve? But I don't get pins and needles. And I'm not having trouble sleeping (although I do have to sleep on my right side now). You should know I'm going to be 22 next month. I am overweight and female. I don't have any kids. I will start dieting and exercising because my health is important to me and I need to live a healthier lifestyle. I do know that my family has a history of diabetes. And so I'm worried that I'm next. Now I don't have any other symptoms. And of course when I googled what could be wrong, the only things that made sense were anxiety, neurolagia, diabetes or I'm dying. If it doesn't go away within another week I guess I will have no choice but to see a doctor. But can anyone help me put a finger on this?

EDIT: I don't know if this matters but I was diagnosed with anxiety, major depression disorder, ADHD, PTSD and a sleeping disorder about 7 years ago. I do not take any medications for it. I only smoke, consume and vape marijuana. Also I do have a very low immune system and a vitamin D deficiency. Which I don't take any vitamins for. But I probably should start.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,040 • Replies: 1
Topic Closed
No top replies

jespah

Sat 1 Dec, 2018 02:30 pm
@lishababe97,
Yes, you should see your doctor.

That having been said, when you see him or her, ask if this is a manifestation of your anxiety.

Note: I am not a doctor.
0 Replies