Tom Petty in Mansfield!

dagmaraka

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 01:28 pm
Oh, so YOU are Jenny? I always thought you were suspicious...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 02:33 pm
Well I AM suspicious, but I'm not Jenny.

I prefer "Jennifer."
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:57 pm
Hey, I have a favor to ask...I just bought some rum. I was thinking we could do some rum and cokes...but if I buy the coke ahead of time and mix it, it will be warm by the time you pick me up.

So...

A) Could one of you guys buy a cold six-pack or liter of coke or pepsi on the way over to pick me up? I will pay you for it when I get there, along with the ticket money. Unless you're really into the tailgating idea and are going to have a cooler with ice in it. In that case,

B) could you throw an extra six-pack or liter of Coke or Pepsi in there for me? I prefer Pepsi, but whatever. Again, I'll buy. Unless, of course, you don't want to drink rum and coke at all. In that case,

C) I'll buy it on my own from a vending machine or something and mix my own damn drinks.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 07:59 pm
good try, slappy, I still have your cell number - unless it's your home phone.... ends with 27?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 10:02 pm
Oh, sorry kicky, didn't see your post before now....

We could buy you some coke/pepsi. I don't own a cooler, so I imagine whatever we do bring will be cold only through the tailgate bit. I will not partake in rum and cokes. I dunno if Dag would want to. I am more worried about bringing food than alcohol. I will be the driver.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 11:03 pm
ok, we'll be there at 4pm with coke/pepsi. I assume the buses all come in at the same bay.... I don't really know S Sta that well. But, we'll find you.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 11:03 pm
going to bed..........
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 11:04 pm
Oh wait a second!!!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 11:06 pm
Damn, did I miss you? I wanted to let you know the gate number. Gate 25 is the gate where my bus arrives!!!

Okay?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Fri 17 Jun, 2005 11:07 pm
Okay, well, you'll hopefully see that before you leave tomorrow.

ciao
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 12:05 am
Okay, this dammed website is screwed up. One part of this page says the Fung-Wah bus goes to gate 25 (on the left side), and one part says gate 13.

Here's the link one more time.

http://www.fungwahbus.com/ticket/map.php?osCsid=df59460a24bed1f0f907aeca3ecff801

Whatever. If I don't see you guys when I get there I'll try to find a phone and call.

Okay, that's it, I'm going to bed.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 07:29 am
Hey, one last thing. If I'm the only one having these drinks, then just get me two regular 16-ounce bottles of Pepsi (not Coke), please.

Thanks!

P.S. I just checked the weather and even though it's not going to be very warm, it doesn't look like it is going to rain. I can live with that.

Okay, I'm leaving now. See you guys in a few hours.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 10:42 am
Yes, if you check this my # ends in 27.

Rock out with your cock out.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 10:45 am
Sounds like we have a party!

Will get 2 16oz Pepsis.

I know kicky's gone already, but it doesn't matter what side the bus comes in at - it's all along one terminal which you can see from one end to the other.....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 18 Jun, 2005 06:34 pm
Here's hoping everyone is drunk and dry and havin' a great time.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:27 pm
Well, kicky and slappy were drunk. Dag and I weren't so much. We stayed dry. I expected I'd enjoy the Black Crows more than Tom Petty - silly moi.

The BCs' sound was terrible. I had to stick napkins in my ears (how do you get too shrill at an outdoor concert?). Their show seem staged, in a lame way. Maybe I should have had one more beer before they went on.

TP is a master of crowd control. He was sublimely manipulating us all. I knew it, but I still went along with him. A little teeny tiny grin sent the crowd into fits of adoration. It's hard to explain. But, of course a band who has been touring for 30+ years is going to be damn good.

We left...ooohhh..... maybe 2 hours later than planned and then I got turned around (north instead of south) headed to the concert. The oopsie must have happened during one of those "shut up!" moments. We got parked just before the show started, so we missed the parking lot party time with Slappy and his crowd. He did wait for us at a beer stand inside where I got to meet "The Ese" (for those of you who remember him from afuzz). But, it was a mere introduction and we didn't have a conversation. I think that he left in embarassment after Slappy started pawing my skirt, looking for the zipper.

Leaving the parking lot took 1.5 hours! We sat, parked, waiting to exit for all that time. Meanwhile Slappy and friends were kicked back having a couple more beers. We should have joined their party. Then we had bumper to bumper traffic for the next 3-4 miles until we got to the highway. Next time I'm paying the $30 for off-site parking.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 03:57 pm
Hey, I'm always looking to learn innovative and efficient ways to remove women's clothing, never know when I may have to remove a similar skirt in case of emergency.

I pretty much missed the Black Crowes waiting to get beer, they didn't play long. However, if you saw them at the Orpheium or Hampton Beach this year your opinion would be different. They were awesome...big places like Tweeter Center aren't great to see a band live.

Toward the end of the show a group of us took over the walkway between the covered/uncovered seats, and turned it into a drunken dance floor. I'm SUCH a good dancer when drunk.

I don't know why you guys didn't hang out after. We grilled, drank, and still made it home before you. Suckas.

So Tom Petty was good, huh?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 04:24 pm
Yeah, Tom Petty was good. He didn't play "Woman in Love", which you'd think he might play, since it is his best song...I mean, I travel all the way to Mansfield, Massachusetts (wherever the hell THAT is) to see this guy--all told, over EIGHT hours of travel, ON A BUS, no less--plus the extra two or so hours that littlek added to the trip by taking us accidentally off into the back hills, all the time telling me what a good driver she is (I always thought that part of driving well is the ability to actually GET to the place you're going, but whatever...), I mean, after all that, you'd think the guy might play the one goddammed song that I wanted to hear! But NOOOOO! He plays some stupid song called Melinda that nobody's ever heard of instead!

Tommy, buddy, please, if you're listening...ditch the f*cking Melinda piece of drivel and put WOMAN IN LOVE in the set somewhere! SHEESH!

Slappy, you were dancing!? ****, I practically had to wake littlek and Dag up halfway through the concert.

Other than all this stuff that I wrote here, the concert was EXCELLENT.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 04:34 pm
I should have warned you that Littlek was going to get lost.

You see, Kicky, there's a road here called the MASS TURNPIKE, which runs from one end of the state to the other. It's a...you know, TURNPIKE.

She asked me once where it was.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 04:37 pm
did he do mary jane's last dance?
0 Replies