Mold Remediation - Air Purifier

dm32

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 08:30 am
Hi, I just asked this question but I can't see where it went so posting it again.
Basically I have to get some mold remediation done due to mold in my home, however I'm wondering if I should get an air purifier before the remediation is done, so purify the air? If the mold hasn't been removed at it's source yet, is there any point in an air purifier if the mold is releasing spores? Or is it still a good idea to get it to minimise exposure before and after the remediation is done?

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 986 • Replies: 2
Topic Closed
No top replies

Sturgis

Fri 16 Nov, 2018 01:33 pm
@ dm32,
An air purifier would clean up some of the air by removing those deadly spores. It would also come in handy after the remediation work has been completed.
0 Replies

jsntd

Wed 30 Oct, 2019 08:08 am
@ dm32,
You also need to look at having some high velocity extractor fans installed and using a dehumidifier on a regular basis to keep the humidity below 50%, also keep the curtains open during the day to let as much sunlight in as possible and leave a few lights on at night too! Mold hates sunlight and pretty much any light.
0 Replies