Random News from the Rest of the World

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 10 Sep, 2019 12:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Theodor Wiesengrund Adorno, born 1903, died 1969.
He was a Neo-Marxist philosopher, Holocaust survivor, composer and, apparently, fifth Beatle.

https://i.imgur.com/LmSD1Spm.jpg
https://twitter.com/cacrisalves/status/1170667654518099968

Olavo Carvalho, Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro’s political guru, said: "The Beatles were semi-literate in music, they barely knew how to play the guitar. Who composed their songs was Theodor Adorno."

If you play "I want to hold your hand" and "She Loves you" backwards, you hear Adorno saying: ‘Advancing bourgeois society liquidates memory, time, recollection as irrational leftovers of the past'. The Beatles didn't like that, so they released a proper German version " Komm Gib Mir Deine Hand" and "Sie Liebt Dich" Laughing
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 11 Sep, 2019 07:26 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Mass Stampede At Iraqi Shia Shrine Kills More Than 30 Pilgrims
Quote:
There are conflicting reports on what caused the stampede as thousands of Shia Muslims gathered for the Ashoura commemoration of the death of Imam Hussein, the grandson of the Prophet Muhammad, who died in battle in the year 680.

The stampede was triggered by one person who stumbled and fell during a ritual known as the "Tuwairij run," officials told the BBC.

A mass panic ensued when a walkway collapsed near the gold-domed Imam Hussein shrine, according to officials cited by The Associated Press. Another official told the AP that there had been no collapse or crack in the walkway near the shrine
tsarstepan

Reply Fri 13 Sep, 2019 08:28 am
@tsarstepan,
New Zealand Moves To Create Firearm Registry And Stiffen Penalties For Gun Crimes
0 Replies