Trump Blows Off Veterans Observance

glitterbag

Reply Mon 12 Nov, 2018 10:52 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
When do you think Obama disrespected the Troops? You say there were many times....maybe you're right or maybe you're ultra right partisan. I'm anxious to hear what you think was disrespectful......I've been watching the current president.....would you rather he be a nationalist, globalist or a patriot?
engineer

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 07:42 am
@glitterbag,
President Obama went to visit the troops in Iraq within months of taking office and visited the troops at war about once a year while in office. Same for President Bush. Trump is just very busy (playing golf and all).

Quote:
“I’m doing a lot of things. But it’s something I’d do. And do gladly,” the president continued. “Nobody has been better at the military. Hey, I just got them a pay raise. I haven’t had a pay raise in 11 years … I have done more for the military than any president in many, many years.”

(Pay raises are approved by Congress, but if the President wants to take credit, the raises in 2009 and 2010 under the previous president were over a percent higher than in 2018. The raises in 2007 and 2008 under the President before that were also higher.)
glitterbag

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 01:38 pm
@engineer,
I think Trump is a vainglorious malingerer. He believes he is the center of the Universe, he's in love with the sound of his own voice and yet he refuses to accept the responsibilities and to behave like an adult man. He is profoundly undisciplined and demands his every whim be met. He is more of a prima donna than a POTUS.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 07:16 pm
No visits to Arlington or Walter Reed yesterday either. I guess he was tired from all the stuff he did in France.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 13 Nov, 2018 09:52 pm
@engineer,
Well, he is very old for his years. Seeing him huffing and puffing trying to haul his large butt into AF One makes you wish he had two strong young men helping him with that ponderous tub of lard he carries with him. It must be terribly dispiriting for him realizing how frail and weak he appears compared to our former presidents..........But to be fair, it did drizzle in France and he had to grandstand at a podium subjected to the elements while watching those WWII vets sit luxuriating in comfort...perhaps he caught a chill. I hope the Kremlin cough isn't making the rounds again.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 15 Nov, 2018 10:59 am
@glitterbag,
I wrote that there were many times he was accused of disrespecting the troops, and I think they were as silly as yours. Another example of you responding to what you prefer rather than what I wrote. It's tiresome.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 09:08 am
Back atcha.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 16 Nov, 2018 09:20 am
From Janis Ian
The VA has never, in my lifetime, worked well - but 45,000 jobs still unfilled? This administration appears to be dedicated to destroying all infrastructure, while not replacing it with anything. The president skips honoring veterans, both within and without, Steve Bannon's wishes appear to be coming true, and it's a f*!king disgrace to us all.
0 Replies