What kind of a pet should we get?

cjhsa

Reply Wed 30 Mar, 2005 01:02 pm
Once you get them used to the crate it's like a dog house. Great for travelling too, keeps them from drooling all over the car.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 12:51 pm
Check out:

http://www.petfinder.com/
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 02:46 pm
Oh no, I shouldn't look at these sites.

Look at this cutie - he's blind

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4180658&adTarget=468doggeneral&SessionID=424c606c400c843d-app4&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 03:44 pm
Fortunately/Unfortunately I have a pit bull with the motto "Thou shalt have no other dogs besides me."
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2005 04:05 pm
regarding the allergies - I became allergic to cats years ago after never having previous problems (we had a much loved cat who I was not going to part with)

I worked out that I was fine unless I touched my face or eyes after touching him - so it was a simple matter of always washing my hands after touching him - then no problems. The reaction was quite severe with swollen red eyes and airways closing up - that was the scary bit.

We gained a second waif and stray and I still coped.

There was a gap of a couple of years between them and the current 2 and I don't seem to have a problem with them at all - strange.

So, your husband could have outgrown the allergy? you never know and testing is worthwhile.
0 Replies