Hippe and pop culture in 60's 70's, The Doors, The Birds..

Setanta

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 02:05 pm
I am bemused that anyone would make that claim. (James) Paul McCartney was the son of James McCartney, who performed as a ragtime and jazz musician in the evenings after work. He insisted that Paul and his brother Mike study music and practice on the piano a set number of hours each week. John Lennon's mother Julia taught him to play the banjo, and later helped the boys in the Quarrymen learn to play the guitar, and transcribed sheet music for them. Richard Starkey (also known as Ringo Starr) spent two years in a tuberculosis sanatorium when he was a boy, where he was encouraged to become a member of the institution's band. George Harrison attended the Liverpool Institute Grammar School (what Americans would call a high school) where he met Paul McCartney. He took the music course there, but was disappointed with it.

Anyone who believes any of the bullsh*t that OG peddles here must be terribly credulous.
OldGrumpy

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 02:41 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
I am bemused that anyone would make that claim. (James) Paul McCartney was the son of James McCartney, who performed as a ragtime and jazz musician in the evenings after work. He insisted that Paul and his brother Mike study music and practice on the piano a set number of hours each week. John Lennon's mother Julia taught him to play the banjo, and later helped the boys in the Quarrymen learn to play the guitar, and transcribed sheet music for them. Richard Starkey (also known as Ringo Starr) spent two years in a tuberculosis sanatorium when he was a boy, where he was encouraged to become a member of the institution's band. George Harrison attended the Liverpool Institute Grammar School (what Americans would call a high school) where he met Paul McCartney. He took the music course there, but was disappointed with it.

Anyone who believes any of the bullsh*t that OG peddles here must be terribly credulous.

You are just and only repeating the official story, it's called parroting.
You are very very naive, mate.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 11 Nov, 2018 10:05 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:
That’s what you’re going to hang your hat on?? You think they couldn’t read music??? Well now I’m totally berift.

I don't know what you mean by "hang my hat on." OldGrumpy asked me if the books I've read about the Beatles mentioned that they couldn't read music and, yes, they did mention it. I've also heard the Beatles asked about it in video interviews several times. What's the problem? As someone who owns every Beatles record, I would think that you would be interested in Beatles history.

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 10:11:56