Who wants to earn $983,000?

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:22 am
If a single person can find this animal, that person will be rewarded $983,000.
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/gallery/albums/userpics/crypto/post-9-1074547260.jpg

Quote:
Magazine Offers Reward for Tasmanian Tiger
March 25, 2005 8:04 AM EST

HOBART, Australia - A magazine has offered a $983,000 reward to anyone who can produce proof of the Tasmanian tiger - a dog-like, striped creature long believed to be extinct.

The bounty could help solve "one of Australia's most enduring mysteries," Garry Linnell, editor of The Bulletin said Tuesday.

The last known Tasmanian tiger - also known as Tasmanian wolf, or thylacine - died in captivity in 1936, after having been hunted to the verge of extinction by European settlers. Although it was once found across Australia, the animal's last stand was in the southern island state of Tasmania.

To cash in, Linnell said tiger hunters must produce evidence of a live and uninjured animal. A panel of experts and conclusive DNA testing will then be conducted.

State Environment Minister Judy Jackson warned that although the animal is presumed extinct, it remains a protected species under state law. She ruled out issuing trapping permits for bounty hunters.

"We will not endorse programs that lack benefit and, indeed, pose threats to other species," Jackson said in statement. "It's not lost on Tasmanians that their history has already borne the dramatic effects of a tiger bounty."

If this animal still exists , I TRULY hope that people who are hunting this enormous bounty dont kill the last few that MAY be left....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 734 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:33 am
Why would they make an offer like that for an endangered animal (if it exists at all)? Then again, perhaps it is thriving but we just don't know it??
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 08:36 am
I think they just want proof that the animal exists IF it does
But, putting this kind of reward on its life, just ENSURED its destruction.. IMO!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:22 am
coupla cans of paint. a shaver, and a coupla whacks to his back legs and this could be my dog. Why does the finder have to be unmarried?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:35 am
Although medicaid and veterans benefits are being cut I'm willing to bet you could get a big government grant to organize an expedition to hunt for this beast.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 09:36 am
I bet you are right .. Confused
0 Replies