Has anyone been to the Greek island of Santorini?

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2005 01:49 am
Has anyone been to the Greek island of Santorini?

Im going at the end of May and just wanted to know if anyone had any information on weather..places of interest..best places to eat..prices and things to avoid (If any) etc?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,497 • Replies: 13
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 08:13 am
I've never been to the island...just didn't want a post from a fellow Mancunian to go unanswered. Are you going for your hols? When? Flying from Manchester? How long for? Very Happy
0 Replies

MiTierra43

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 01:07 pm
Santorini Island
Thanks for your reply, Im glad someone wants to talk to me at last Very Happy Going at the end of May for 1 week. I guess all the people who have been there are too shy to post a message on here??...By the way ..Why has my profile picture been replaced by a door with a cross on it and a pair of red beady eyes inside????...And No Im not on medication..please can someone enlighten me??
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 1 Apr, 2005 08:56 pm
I was in Santorini, many years ago now - so long that I'm no longer embarrassed to talk about it.

It's a beautiful island - and does look like it's pictures. There's some stunning vistas!

We went to the excavations of Akro-tiri (I think) which I found fascinating. As an Australian, the bizarre black sand beaches were interesting, too. Such a contrast - but then, aren't all European beaches. Buses so crowded that I almost got pregnant to the chap standing next to me. Some funny stories.

Nightlife - dunno - we made our own.

It was very romantic - sipping a nice cool local wine as we watched the sun going down........

Dems were da daze!

I wonder how much it's changed?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 06:05 am
Mi, what have you been smoking?

I looked in your profile...no door or beady eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 02:26 pm
MiTerra
Your avatar was probably the victim of the April Fools Day takeover by assorted gremlins! We're fine now (well, relatively!)
0 Replies

MiTierra43

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 02:35 pm
Santorini Island
Thanks for the info Margo...I will let you know if its still the same..And Smorgs...You is very cheeky innit!! There were some red beady eyes...really!! x
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2005 03:19 pm
Well ladies I aint bin to Santorini either, well not since it blew up 3000 years ago, but thats another matter, however I have been to some of the other Greek islands and they were very nice and I'm sure Santorini will be too.

Have a good holiday

I too am a manc, exiled for some unexplicable reason here
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2005 04:59 am
Steve, maybe its because you confessed to being an Arsenal supporter.
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Wed 13 Apr, 2005 05:29 am
Good Lord no

I was born within the sound of Old Trafford, and brought up on a diet of Best Law Charlton etc

But having just come back from the Bernabeu, I think I'll support the merangues. No glory hunter me..
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 05:13 am
AAAHH! Best, Law, Charlton, Man U playing Benfica...Eusebio....muddy pitches, foggy evening games, jumpers for goalposts.

I feel all nostalgic now.

Whereabouts in London are you Steve. Norf, Sarf, East or West?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 11:25 am
Well London is a big place so if you go about 20 mi ne from charing cross, thats about it.

i.e. not really london at all but no one has ever heard of Harlow.

Except the drug gangs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/essex/4443247.stm
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 14 Apr, 2005 12:43 pm
When you look deep in the second car, my lord, you perhaps can recognise Steve:

http://www.herts-essex-news.co.uk/resources/Star%20News/15%20Harlow%20front.jpg

source
0 Replies

moschoula

Reply Wed 1 Feb, 2006 05:11 am
Santorini-Kamari Information
Hi!

I have been a lot of times in Santorini! Mainly I have been stayed in Kamari, a seaside village. Kamari is a village that provides everything! Restaurants, bars, clubs, cinema, water sports, the Ancient Thera, and the unique black beach! It is not so far away from the capital, which is Fira, and it is much cheaper than the capital. There is a regular bus root to Fira and it is only 15 minutes to reach the capital. Kamari is a place that combines quite and fun! You can visit this web site to read more about Kamari.

Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Have fun!
Moschoula
:wink:
0 Replies