Why do people still believe in polygraphs?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 03:12 pm
@hightor,
I can't, and so won't, insist the boyfriend is telling the truth, just as no one can or should insist that Ford told the truth.

Skepticism about his claim isn't unreasonable, but you should ask yourself all the questions asked of Ford, including...what would he have to gain by lying?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 15 Oct, 2018 03:13 pm
@Thomas,
I don't have to prove the sun sets in the West.

If you don't wish to believe me, fine, but if you care to look it up you will find it true. Your choice.
0 Replies

hightor

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 07:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
...what would he have to gain by lying?

I'd want to have a lot more information if I wanted to form a reasoned response; I just don't know enough about the situation and I'm content to let it fade in the public memory.

It's interesting to speculate about Dr. Ford, however, and what she might have gained by lying. I don't believe that she works for Soros, that she was coached by John Brennan, or that she is seeking to avenge the Clintons. It's hard to imagine her making up this embarrassingly intimate and elaborate story back in 2012 or whenever with the specific intention of derailing any possible future nomination of Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court. If we allow that people are really that evil then I suppose we can wonder if the ex-boyfriend might be similarly perverse and has said these things specifically to hurt her. I'm not saying this is what happened but if its fair to suspect her of duplicity there's no reason to accept the ex-boyfriend as trustworthy either.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 16 Oct, 2018 09:37 am
@hightor,
I agree.

We have to look at all the evidence in its totality.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 04:42:16